• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Comics!!!! Also known as Premiums or Give aways (and they aint free now!)
3 3

24 posts in this topic

First da rulz!!!

No bad people - HOSers or Probies.

Payment is PayPal up to $999, above that is check or Money Order. Zelle can be arranged for the smaller purchases.

Shipping in CONUS is $4 up to 3 books $.50 for each book over that number, purchases over $250 will have free shipping. Outside CONUS ask about shipping costs. I might be reasonable about it . . . 

No returns unless I miss something (missing cf, cut outs or coupons clipped, etc). Then you have to let me know within a week of receiving.

So - on to the show!!!

These are all Premiums, or Give Aways. I didn't intend to have such a big group of these, but they sneak in to collections and I noticed some of them are of interest, and they are part of the comic book world. And I picked up a few rare ones along the way. Some don't even show up on the usual places - so they must be super-duper rare! Well  . . . 

I will start with lower prices and end with a bang.

I was going to do these two separately, but I figure anyone interested in one will probably be interested in both so . .  

Alice in Wonderland Meets Santa (Shillito's Wonderland of Toys) and Katy and Ken Visit Santa with Mister Wish (Kresge's)

Alice in Wonderland Meets Santa 1950 unknown publisher. Reprinted partially in IDW's "Alice in Comicland"

Katy and Ken Visit Santa with Mister Wish 1948 don't know much more about this.

Both are complete, Alice is about a 3.5/4.0 with some rips/roughness on spine and right edge, Katy and Ken in nice shape with age wear but no rips or creasing.

Asking $20 for the pair. SOLD!!!!

img228.jpg

img229.jpg

img230.jpg

img231.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot

Stories of Christmas K.K. Publishing 1942. Spine ripped completely and cover detached. 1.0. Otherwise this is a nice book with an Infinity cover and Walt Kelly art! Adaptation of Christmas Carol (not by Kelly) and story The Fir Tree by Kelly. Interior is solid. No GPA, someone is asking $100 for a rough copy online, I am going to ask $25 per 1/2 of OSPG GD value. 

img232.jpg

img233.jpg

Sherlock Ohms and Dr. Watts Illuminate the Case of the Unknown Quantity, 1958 Promotional Publishing. Cute use of puns in this title, but it didn't help me find it anywhere - except feebay where someone is asking $200 for it (good luck!!!). This is in good condition, soiling on back and some bends, but decent shape and well done art (don't know who did it tho). 

Asking $25

img234.jpg

img235.jpg

Post's Cereal 3 Ring Circus, 1946 by General Foods Corp. Mostly games and activities, with a page of comics (From Jungle to Circus Ring by Jim Rogers Animal Trainer) and great graphics/art. Noted somewhere that it's not common to find these without pieces cut our or puzzles filled in. This is a set of 2 different editions, one is approximately 8"x6" (regular left hand spine) and the other is approximately 7"x5" (folded from the top). These are complete with no cut outs or projects done, and in decent shape (no rips etc).

Asking $30 for the pair.

img236.jpg

img237.jpg

img238.jpg

img239.jpg

It's Fun to Stay Alive 1948 Ohio Automobile Dealers Association. While the title is beyond obvious, the interior art is great! Masters of the era, mostly from Newspaper comics, but still well done and nice book. CGC 9.0 book sold for $100, this isn't a 9.0 book, but still nice and complete.

Will throw in a copy of Stop and Go the Safety Twins 1953 JC Penny Co. in nice shape since they both have to do with Traffic Safety . . .

$25

img240.jpg

img241.jpg

img242.jpg

img243.jpg

35 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

I was going to do these two separately, but I figure anyone interested in one will probably be interested in both so . .  

Alice in Wonderland Meets Santa (Shillito's Wonderland of Toys) and Katy and Ken Visit Santa with Mister Wish (Kresge's)

Alice in Wonderland Meets Santa 1950 unknown publisher. Reprinted partially in IDW's "Alice in Comicland"

Katy and Ken Visit Santa with Mister Wish 1948 don't know much more about this.

Both are complete, Alice is about a 3.5/4.0 with some rips/roughness on spine and right edge, Katy and Ken in nice shape with age wear but no rips or creasing.

Asking $20 for the pair.

img228.jpg

img229.jpg

img230.jpg

img231.jpg

I’ll take it

Now we get to some serious collecting -

Funny Stuff nn 1946 National Periodical Publications Wheaties Giveaway. Considered Scarce by OSPG. Taped to boxes of Wheaties so supposedly not found above 6.0 even though there have been a few graded way above that (tape removal anyone???). This is a solid 3.0, with tape pulls at top and bottom but some damage at one on bottom, rip at top, and roughness around the edges (the bottom area is complete but folded over so looks as if there is a piece missing, but it isn't). Cover is detached. Complete and interior is very nice. A CGC 7.5 sold for $241 a year and a half ago, and there is a 6.0 for sale for $390. I am going to ask $125.

img256.jpg

img257.jpg

Boy's and Girl's March of Comics 7 - Oswald the Rabbit. Early (1947ish) issue of this ubiquitous title - seems like they are all over the place, and I didn't realize this was such an early issue. Condition is about a 4.0, nice interior, roughness usual for paper covers. 

Asking $40 as per OSPG.

img258.jpg

img259.jpg

Adventures of the Big Boy 13, 1957. Before this issue the title was published through Marvel (Timely/Atlas?) and from this issue forward was published by Webs Adventure Corporation. Dan De Carlo cover art. This is in great condition, no tears, bends, etc (small corner bend on bottom right, just saw), sharp edges and corners. Hard to grade higher grade paper covers, but this is at least an 8.0 or better. I just sold one on feebay with a 3" spine split for $30. I am asking $75 for this one. SOLD!!!!

img260.jpg

img261.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
Sold

Chip Collins Adventures 1950 or so. Syrup of Black Draught Giveaway. Laxative give away (yes, Laxative).  This is a n ok copy, soiling on covers (interior bright and clean), has a worm hole through book in bottom by "Compliments of" box. Press and clean would do it wonders. Approximately 7"x5 1/8th". Rounded edges are way it was published.

My research shows 2 different covers for this series, none of which is this cover. And the others go for quite a pretty penny - one recently sold at heritage CGC 2.5 for $164, and same issue sold a few on feebay for between $100 and $381!!!! I am going to ask $175 since I don't see it anywhere else - may be the only copy in existence!!! (not representing that, it is pure conjecture on my part)

img264.jpg

img265.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot

Richard Tracy Buster Brown Shoe Giveaway, 1941. Found 2 copies out there - one sold in a group a while ago on HA.com, and one on feebay now. Listed as Scarce by OSPG, and an early comic book. 

Nice overall condition, I'd say about a 3.5 - has some pieces missing from spine/back of spine, and cover is detached from the single staple. Otherwise sharp and interior nice and bright.

Asking $150

img266.jpg

img267.jpg

Buster Brown Comic Book nn (#1) nice copy coming in around 4.5, with biggest issue being a 3/4" spine split at bottom of spine. Otherwise check out the scans. Also considered Scarce by OSPG. 

A 4.0 sold for $97 last month, but almost no other data. A few for sale on feebay but at varying prices and no sales to compare. Asking $150. 

img246.jpg

img247.jpg

Finally 

Illustrated Story of Robin Hood and his Merry Men, Classics Illustrated Robin Hood Flour Giveaway 1944. Gerber 7. Last sales were a raw 5.5 on HA.com for $5760 a year and a half ago, and a CGC 4.0 for $2540 2 years ago, same venue. 

This is a stunning copy. Biggest issues are name written neatly in the yellow area, creasing at the bottom right corner, and paper separation (not a split, the top layer of paper is peeling slightly) at the bottom of the spine. Otherwise this is a sharp, glossy, stress-free book. I am hopeful this would come back as the highest graded copy (if it doesn't sell here I will send it in). 

Asking $7,500. 

img273.jpg

img274.jpg

2 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Adventures of the Big Boy 13, 1957. Before this issue the title was published through Marvel (Timely/Atlas?) and from this issue forward was published by Webs Adventure Corporation. Dan De Carlo cover art. This is in great condition, no tears, bends, etc (small corner bend on bottom right, just saw), sharp edges and corners. Hard to grade higher grade paper covers, but this is at least an 8.0 or better. I just sold one on feebay with a 3" spine split for $30. I am asking $75 for this one.

img260.jpg

:takeit: