• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Tcg—- Show off your cards!!!!

142 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Very nice, I can’t find any Shining Fates. Even if I do, I think I used up all my monthly “luck” on the new GPK Food Fight set. 

The boxes and tin sets of 3 are expensive now. I had preordered only 6 elite boxes early on at an average of $70. Wish I had more! :ohnoez:

43 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

The boxes and tin sets of 3 are expensive now. I had preordered only 6 elite boxes early on at an average of $70. Wish I had more! :ohnoez:

I take that back, I have found some ETB’s. But I’m not paying 150-200 for a box. To be honest, from what I’ve seen, I’m not a huge fan of Shining Fates, minus a few cards. Guess I’m still spoiled from Hidden Fates. Butttt that being said, since I have all the other modern Zard’s, need to pull that one too

9 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

I take that back, I have found some ETB’s. But I’m not paying 150-200 for a box. To be honest, from what I’ve seen, I’m not a huge fan of Shining Fates, minus a few cards. Guess I’m still spoiled from Hidden Fates. Butttt that being said, since I have all the other modern Zard’s, need to pull that one too

Agreed. I got super lucky getting the Charizard from one of those SF boxes. I did buy a couple of factory sealed cases of Champions Path before...though the price is quite a few hundred more per case now then then - but if I were to get more I would go with Champions not SF.

On another note, I was surprised today to actually find more than one or two boxes of GM cereal with 25th Anniversary Cards. Today I found 7 at Target that were hidden in the back behind the regular Cinnamon Toast Crunch boxes. Surprisingly, all of these are high grade after inspecting them closely. Maybe I'll get lucky with a 10 with one we'll see...9's to 9.5's at least. Will send a few in and post when they come back.

IMG_7752(1).jpg

20 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Picked up a 1st Edition Lugia today, graded by some other company, but pretty happy to add it to the collection. Seems the grades a bit harsh, card looks way better than the grade of a 7, but hey it made it a bit more affordable. Regardless looks great with the others 

2C5AEA1A-1A0C-4B90-B98D-BD5518D0091B.jpeg

In viewing that photo alone, I would not think a 7 either...still a decent price that it could sell for.

lugia first edition psa 7 | eBay

On 3/3/2021 at 4:45 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Started opening the rest of the SF Elites today. Box 4 pulled this gem...unreal and thankful! Two boxes left...

20210303_163301.jpg

Sent it solo for a walkthrough which they received yesterday and a few hours ago marked as Scheduled for Grading. Hopefully I will know by Thursday/Friday (thumbsu

Finally found some Shining Fates today, Target had a limit of 2, which is good. Grabbed a ETB and a tin. And just that quick the hunts over for me with SF. Managed to pull both cards I really wanted, Shiny Char and Ditto. Spending all my money on Hidden Fates again, with some GPK. Even though I pulled the HF Char, I just love the set

215AB673-DBF8-4FE2-82FD-FFEEB9DEF105.jpeg

510B978B-D0AD-421D-8637-958FD1E1CF1A.jpeg

3 hours ago, JoeRock said:

Finally found some Shining Fates today, Target had a limit of 2, which is good. Grabbed a ETB and a tin. And just that quick the hunts over for me with SF. Managed to pull both cards I really wanted, Shiny Char and Ditto. Spending all my money on Hidden Fates again, with some GPK. Even though I pulled the HF Char, I just love the set

Congrats! It is awesome to get such great pulls when only picking up a few boxes. I have bought several boxes and even cases before and did not get that lucky. You just never know.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

10 hours ago, JoeRock said:

freaking epic man. I am still missing the rainbow one and ive all but given up on trying to pull it lol i hate champions path

6 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Congrats! It is awesome to get such great pulls when only picking up a few boxes. I have bought several boxes and even cases before and did not get that lucky. You just never know.

Yeah any given pack could be the one. But luck isn’t always on my side, I can’t count how many boosters, tins, random boxes I’ve opened of Burning Shadows trying to get that Char. In the end, it was a random tin I found at Walgreens haha. Same with Champions Path, I have a Master Set in a binder, but I’m pretty sure I could make 3 more with all the extra bulk I have from that set. The Rainbow Pika from Vivid Voltage was rather brutal as well. But the chase is what makes it fun.

35 minutes ago, JohnBurke said:

First card of mine to finish getting graded, super pleased with this as it is one of my best base set cards. Can see the tail swirl well also :)

stoise.JPG

Congrats beautiful card. I do love the Japanese cards. In my opinion they are much nicer than the English versions.