• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage auction makes major hire
1 1

17 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Founder of profiles in history.  I love that auction house. Huge get 

Not knowing anything at all about the antiques market, I've got absolutely no idea who this Joseph Maddalena guy is, but reading the link seems to be a top notch catch for Heritage.  :applause:

Actually, I opened up this thread here almost expecting them to have a huge announcement on the hiring of Jason Ewert here, which would have led me to take a much closer look at the recent offerrings from Heritage. :devil:  

Oh well, I guess maybe it's just a matter of time then.  :taptaptap:  lol

28 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not knowing anything at all about the antiques market, I've got absolutely no idea who this Joseph Maddalena guy is, but reading the link seems to be a top notch catch for Heritage.  :applause:

Actually, I opened up this thread here almost expecting them to have a huge announcement on the hiring of Jason Ewert here, which would have led me to take a much closer look at the recent offerrings from Heritage. :devil:  

(shrug)Lou Lou Lou

Edited by woowoo

54 minutes ago, woowoo said:

(shrug)Lou Lou Lou

Woo Woo Woo  :baiting:

How soon we forget...............who was one of Heritage Comics Division's last major hire?  hm

Now, let me think real real hard here..............ummmmm........does the name Mark Wilson ring a bell to you?  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

There was a "reality" TV series about the PIH auction house starring Joe.

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

How soon we forget...............who was one of Heritage Comics Division's last major hire?  hm

Now, let me think real real hard here..............ummmmm........does the name Mark Wilson ring a bell to you?  :devil:

(thumbsu     

16 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

There was a "reality" TV series about the PIH auction house starring Joe.

"Hollywood Treasure" on the SyFy network about a decade ago.

Comic art collector Jon Mankuta was part of Joe's team also and appeared on the series.

Here is a clip involving the original art for Fantastic Four #12:

19 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Dallas based move too.

"Joe will be based at Heritage world headquarters in Dallas, but will maintain an active presence in California."   Being "based" in Texas has some tax benefits over SoCal, but he will still be "active" in Calabasas where the operations will remain (and most of the sources for material are).  Go figure.

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

"Joe will be based at Heritage world headquarters in Dallas, but will maintain an active presence in California."   

No way that dude is giving up primary residence in So California To live in Hicksville 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 2/4/2021 at 12:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Every time I think about that, I get angry at myself for having bought anything from Heritage since he was hired (after telling myself that I wouldn't). I don't trust any auction house that's enough of a scum-bag company to hire someone like him.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, DanCooper said:

"Hollywood Treasure" on the SyFy network about a decade ago.

Comic art collector Jon Mankuta was part of Joe's team also and appeared on the series.

Here is a clip involving the original art for Fantastic Four #12:

In the mid 90’s I purchased 5 pages of hulk 4 and some tales of Suspense Kirby. The seller also had the interior page from ff12 that has the cover image. He wasn’t selling that one. Greatest page I’ve ever held. He had purchased the pages from the Sotheby’s (maybe Christie’s) auction in the early 90’s. 

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

In the mid 90’s I purchased 5 pages of hulk 4 and some tales of Suspense Kirby. The seller also had the interior page from ff12 that has the cover image. He wasn’t selling that one. Greatest page I’ve ever held. He had purchased the pages from the Sotheby’s (maybe Christie’s) auction in the early 90’s.

From the second Sotheby's Comic auction -  September 1992

I lost my original catalog with the prices realized notes. A few years later, I was at Sotheby's and Jerry Weist saw me with a Radio Shack magnifying scope/light and traded me a replacement catalog for the scope!

(Sorry for the quality of the following catalog shots)

image.jpeg.135c0e9f5c02f00766bad32870c1adb5.jpegimage.jpeg.77e2ea2862ee9e31f1a1f57fd067328b.jpegimage.jpeg.5db5fb84945983d73eda57064632a37c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

From the second Sotheby's Comic auction -  September 1992

I lost my original catalog with the prices realized notes. A few years later, I was at Sotheby's and Jerry Weist saw me with a Radio Shack magnifying scope/light and traded me a replacement catalog for the scope!

(Sorry for the quality of the following catalog shots)

image.jpeg.135c0e9f5c02f00766bad32870c1adb5.jpegimage.jpeg.77e2ea2862ee9e31f1a1f57fd067328b.jpegimage.jpeg.5db5fb84945983d73eda57064632a37c.jpeg

Bingo on the Hulk and FF 12 pages!