• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Advice. No Feedback Buyer.
2 2

42 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So you’re only concern is that they won’t pay?

That would be the least of my concerns as non-payment would leave me with the book, the ability to get my FVFs refunded and to move on and sell to someone else. 

My chief concern here is that they pay and then claim they didn’t receive it, want to return it and send back a German newspaper, claim their account was hacked or any of the other “conspiracy theories” that result in them getting to keep the book and the money. 

I would add a signature for delivery and also state I don’t take returns on CGC grade slabs so I think that would cover me? 

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I know this is could/should/would advice, but I would have never listed a $2,000 book on eBay because of the possibility of finding myself in this very situation.  That book should have been consigned to Clink, MCS, Bob Storms, etc. 

There seems to be a lot of discretionary money floating around lately, he could be legit. I’ve dealt with zero and low feedback bidders before that turned out fine...though not on a book this size. 

If you have a stated period in which you expect payment I would abide by that. If he doesn’t pay then go the second-offer route or sell through another venue.  If he pays, do everything possible to protect yourself - send registered, have the clerk scan the barcode when you drop it off, etc. 

Hey when i started buying  on ebay the first thing i bought was an oa daredevil gene colan a 850$and second buy was over a 1k but i paid witin minutes....but you might give him a chance new commers need a chance if not the collecting market will be extinct within 20 years but thats just my opinion great day to you all(thumbsu

Edited by Namtak

13 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

So the last 2 sales of the book were $1500 and $1700. Mine got up to 200K ( @Lightning55:baiting:).  Here the link incase you were curious.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133649653674

congrats. that is insane. you can buy something pretty sweet for $2K that is not this. I hope you get paid.

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would add a signature for delivery and also state I don’t take returns on CGC grade slabs so I think that would cover me? 

you MUST add signature delivery. I don't think you get seller protection over a certain $ amount if you don't. I sold a $750 item, it took forever to get there (media mail -- it was a big lot of comics), the buyer complained, it got delivered past the deadline, there was delivery confirmation, and ebay/paypal STILL refunded him the $750.

Edited by the blob

14 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Your right on the IF. Still nothing but I'll wait out the 48hrs and if nothing I'll post it on here and see if I get any takers. :wishluck:

The only other thing I can think is if you wait to get paid to cancel, your out the paypal portion as it doesn't get refunded on a refund. If you cancel before payment you don't have to worry about a refund....

Might be nice to give someone a chance though, but glws good luck with the sale

18 minutes ago, Namtak said:

But seriously when being a New member of ebay and buying high price on first try ebay may freeze the transaction and do a check up with him,deposing few cents and wait for buyer to say how much cents was deposed.its a pain but he might have contacted you earlier  to say....

I googled his address and the current Resident is not the name on the eBay account of who to mail it to. Haha I sound like a stalker😂 I did email him and asked (nicely) if he still was planning on purchasing the book.

11 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I googled his address and the current Resident is not the name on the eBay account of who to mail it to. Haha I sound like a stalker😂 I did email him and asked (nicely) if he still was planning on purchasing the book.

I reside in an appartment and the factor cant count the Doors right happen few times so i mail everything to my parents,some of us do but to what your telling me theres some chance that he might not be serious  better wait to the evening when work hours are finish and make a final warning.thats what i would do .best of luck to you Nice boock by the way(thumbsu 

7 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Do you have a store or are you low volume?

Dunno why you can't it lets me set exactly that

image.png.10b5506e2be2a8fa8a870e3a9a040dba.pngimage.png.10b5506e2be2a8fa8a870e3a9a040dba.png

You need to set it to zero feedback buyers.

Edited by Beige

25 minutes ago, Beige said:

Do you have a store or are you low volume?

Dunno why you can't it lets me set exactly that

You need to set it to zero feedback buyers.

My error - it DOES let me set zero feedback buyers.  But it has NO setting at all regarding when someone joins.  Also, the item strikes starts at 2 strikes, so can't do anything with someone with 1 strike.  I guess every buyer gets one free pass to mess with a seller.

Also, it's a bit ambiguous in general (of course...it's eBay).  The last setting says "Only set this requirement to block buyers with "X" feedback score, where X is a number on a drop down list of 0-5.  It should say "with a feedback score equal to or worse than X".  The way it reads now, if you select 3, it will block buyers who have a feedback score of 3.  We know it also blocks worse scores, but it doesn't really say that, does it.  And it says IF they are "currently winning or have bought".  I don't want to wait to block them until they are "currently winning or have bought".  I want to block them BEFORE they bid or buy.  The language is just poorly written, like maybe NOT a native English speaker wrote it up, or an 18 yr. old programmer.

I have an account with a store that does $200k, and also a barely-active account.  Both look alike. I think there USED to be a setting about bidders less than 30 days in, but that's been gone for maybe a decade.

Edited by Lightning55

Also, blocking bidders who bid on a lot items and tying it to a low feedback block is dysfunctional.  It was better years ago, when those 2 things were separate settings, like they should be

They are times that they overlap, a low feedback bidder signing up with the express purpose of flaming your listings, but either of those 2 problems, crazy bidding and novice bidding, are nightmares on their own and should be treated as such.

Why is it that whenever eBay messes with something, they make it worse than it was 100% of the time?  Bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons there, who never sold a thing.