• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance Calvin Ellis debate
1 1

76 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 15Years said:

Why is Calvin Ellis?

The first Black Superman. If you know anything about comics is that they are forcing diversity down our throats. As a speculator I'd say load up on all of the black versions of mainstream characters in case they pull a miles morales and go up in value like crazy. Sure the movies might suck, nobody really wants to see this but it'll drive the prices up and that's all that matters.

5 hours ago, William-James88 said:

because for some people playing the loterry is more fun than investing. 

Anyways, Final Crisis 7 is the first appearance, CGC just doesn't have it right. But the market determines prices, not what CGC writes on a slab.

This is correct. The last 9.8 went for $189 USD two days ago. I predict this will double by the time spring rolls around when Calvin is reintroduced. Once it becomes a movie a 9.8 will fetch well over 1k.

Edited by tylerindo

36 minutes ago, tylerindo said:

This is correct. The last 9.8 went for $189 USD two days ago. I predict this will double by the time spring rolls around when Calvin is reintroduced. Once it becomes a movie a 9.8 will fetch well over 1k.

yup, and as soon as that happens, all the copies will come out of the woodwork, lowering the price and eventually having the price fall again years later when interest wears off. Reminds me of 52 #11

26 minutes ago, 15Years said:

Slow down there fanboy, it was a Drax/Avengers reference. I'm no speculator, speculators suck.

Something tells me that, were you a speculator, a stupendous speculator you would be.

1 hour ago, tylerindo said:

The first Black Superman. If you know anything about comics is that they are forcing diversity down our throats. As a speculator I'd say load up on all of the black versions of mainstream characters in case they pull a miles morales and go up in value like crazy. Sure the movies might suck, nobody really wants to see this but it'll drive the prices up and that's all that matters.

I like to apply the greater fool theory when speculating. In this case, i'm not sure that is possible.

1 hour ago, tylerindo said:

Right, because if there are infinite universe and infinite Earths, in your world of butthurt, it makes sense that every Superman in every one of those infinite Earths is white.  

Sorry mods, someone had to say it. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Right, because if there are infinite universe and infinite Earths, in your world of butthurt, it makes sense that every Superman in every one of those infinite Earths is white.  

Sorry mods, someone had to say it. 

It's not like Ellis is even the first black Superman to appear in comics (and I'm not talking about Steel).

31 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Africa or america did not exist on Kypton.

Maybe not on your Kyrpton.  But on all the Kyrptons in the Omniverse? I suspect there is a Kyrpton  somewhere ,over some rainbow, where both exist.

11 hours ago, tylerindo said:

Oooooo youre such an edgelord. 🤣😂🖕🤣😂

Middle finger too. oooohhhh

You know, I go to sleep real comfortable like.  You know why?  Because people like you are threatened.  You are threatened by things like this.  It irks you.  It gets under your skin.  But why does that make me smile?  

Let me tell you why.  Your time has come and passed.  People like you are marginalized.  You're a dying breed.  Society is changing and you are being left behind.  You feel that the world is figuratively slapping you around with this and you know what?  You're right... because people like you are being shunned and all you can do is just be angry.   You got nothing.  You got no real recourse. 

And that is why I smile.   You got nothing except your anger and in the end... you've got nothing at all.

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Middle finger too. oooohhhh

You know, I go to sleep real comfortable like.  You know why?  Because people like you are threatened.  You are threatened by things like this.  It irks you.  It gets under your skin.  But why does that make me smile?  

Let me tell you why.  Your time has come and passed.  People like you are marginalized.  You're a dying breed.  Society is changing and you are being left behind.  You feel that the world is figuratively slapping you around with this and you know what?  You're right... because people like you are being shunned and all you can do is just be angry.   You got nothing.  You got not real recourse. 

And that is why I smile.   You got nothing except your anger and in the end... you've got nothing at all.

<3

According to this thread I am filthy rich! I have the real first appearance of the first black Superman. Steel! Lordy I am way ahead of the curve as there is already a Steel movie staring Shaq! 

This picture says it all! Steel is very clearly the first Black Superman! He beats Miles Morales by almost a decade!

144DB899-69AA-4CA5-ACA5-A467DB9CAEC2.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Too much Kryptonite in this thread and it’s your only weakness!

We are all still drawn to pieces of our home world. ( Krypton not crazytown)  it definitely can be a weakness.

I keep having this feeling it's a Friday..

On 2/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, shadroch said:

I like to apply the greater fool theory when speculating. In this case, i'm not sure that is possible.

have you seen the price jump today? it has sold for 400 and has listings of up to 500 now.