• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you had no key issues and $4-5K......
1 1

51 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, xvipah said:

Depends if you want one super exclusive key or a a few not quite so "big" right?

JIM 83 is in that price range. Or you could get ASM 300, ASM 361, New Mutants 98, Avengers 57 maybe, etc...  

I'm referring to "super keys" like JIM 83, AF15, ASM 1, Avengers 1 etc, etc.....

Buy what you'll really enjoy. 

Your name suggests you prefer FF? If so I would go low grade FF5. Or FF2 or 4. 

If you want something a little higher grade you could get a nice FF48. 

JIM83 is a great book in that price range.  TTA27,  DD1 or Avengers 1 or  4 are all books you could get descent copies of. 

If it were me, I like the JIM83 option, though I do love Avengers 1

Edited by KCOComics

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Buy what you'll really enjoy. 

If you want something a little higher grade you could get a nice FF48. 

JIM83 is a great book in that price range.  TTA27,  DD1 or Avengers 1 or  4 are all books you could get descent copies of. 

If it were me, I like the JIM83 option, though I do love Avengers 1

This is always great advice. Thanks. I am a FF fan, at least thats what I read the most growing up in the 70s, but I am leaning Avengers 1 at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

This is always great advice. Thanks. I am a FF fan, at least thats what I read the most growing up in the 70s, but I am leaning Avengers 1 at the moment.

The only draw back to Avengers 1 is, it's not a true "first appearance"

That said, I've always loved that book.  And you should be able to find a nice looking VG / F in that price range. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

1st Thor outside of Journey Into Mystery.  Started new title "The Mighty Thor"@126 instead of starting over at 1.

Doesn't sound that cool a key to get over others.

By the way another really awesome key that I realize is picking up some ridiculous gains is Detective Comics 73. Within that price range you describe you can still get a decent one, but not for long. And it's rarer than most other books being mentionned here. Of course, I am a big fan of following one's heart so i'd only get this one if you're a big batman fan. But yeah, if I had 5K simply to go towards books, i'd get either a Turtles 1 or this Detective Book. It's rather special to me and can easily reach the realms of unobtainability for many of us due to its scarcity.

13 hours ago, KCOComics said:

+1 to the suggestion of FF #5 or FF #4. FF #5 is already demanding a high price, and it will definitely go higher when Dr. Doom is introduced into the MCU. You could probably get a slightly higher-grade copy of FF #4, as it is not currently as pricey as FF #5. If (more likely when) Prince Namor joins the MCU, this book will also go higher.

In addition, Dr. Doom and Prince Namor are two of the most prominent "villains" of the Silver Age of Marvel comics.