• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a correspondent in USA
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm a french collector looking to add some small gems to his collection. I've bought 10 pieces of original art last year and would be interested, this year, to add to my collection several ones that I have spotted recently (range price 200-600 USD - I'm only a small fish here :-) ).
But I have now in front of me a problem I barely had in the past : the sellers don't want to send the pieces outside USA, for reasons they do not want to clearly explain...
I tried to ask them for this reasons but they didn't respond.
I suppose they want to keep their sales inside USA for conveniency, and do not want to bother sending a piece overseas, maybe just in case problems would happen and/or had already happened to them in previous transactions (even if I insure always the shipping and had 0 problems in the past, using principaly several USPS shipping formulas).
I suppose the current pandemic doesn't help to consider to change their mind.  
So I'm looking for a US collector here who would be interested, rewarded of course with a fee each time, to receive the piece of original art for me in USA, and then send it to me in France in the same package (with the marks of the previous shipping masked with tape) with a specific USPS shipping formula.
I know there are some address services which exist, but after discussing this kind of service with persons who used them, I would prefer to have a true collector of original art as a correspondent, for the sensibility to our hobby.
So, if you are interested, you can send me a PM.
The only thing I ask is that I will just make the forum alias (only the alias) of my future correspondant known in this thread to our fellow collector members, just for transparency.

To conclude, if some collectors are in a reverse situation than mine (even if I never heard of a case of a board "locked" here, similar situations probably exist), do not hesitate to contact me. I can help.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, JadeGiant said:

Do you have a CAF gallery?

No, and I'm not sure I will do one someday.

I come from the comic fanzine world and I'm used to present pictures and words to suit what I want to show. The way CAF display things doesn't always suit me, so I will probably build in the future a small website dedicated to my modest collection.

Edited by Ecclectica