• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These signatures really make me shake my head

28 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Has anyone ever heard of an artist/writer refusing to sign something? 

Yes- I had my GF in line for George Perez signature while I ran to do something else.. inadvertently I left the wrong book with her and she did not know so she gave it to him and he refused... then she argued and got upset so he signed it lol.. big mess when i got back! 

4 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Has anyone ever heard of an artist/writer refusing to sign something? 

A guy a couple spots in front of me, had a Nick Fury Agent of Shield book (can't remember the exact number) ready for Steranko to sign.  Steranko astutely pointed out- 'I didn't work on that one'.   The guy red faced it out of line.  Not sure if Steranko would have signed it or not, but he made it known. 

You can get anything signed by anyone that is being observed by CGC and it is now "signature series" and therefore gets the extra points in the registry.  I talk to someone that used it to bump up their 9.8 books point count to have the best set.

Perhaps it was similar to running into Randy Jackson from American Idol when all you have on you is a samurai sword.

You're not going to not get Randy Jackson's autograph.

1 hour ago, Morganmi said:

Ditko wouldn't even sign the stuff he worked on. :ohnoez::bigsmile: 

Hm, so you'd assume (as I do) that this defacement at bottom of splash was not in fact written by Steve Ditko?  ; )

Well, not just because Ditko almost never signed his work, but more importantly because it doesn't even remotely resemble what his confirmed sigs look like? : D

IMG_1304.thumb.JPG.b742cf87fb9b20ac3b3c53bca1e79cf9.JPG