• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Spider-Man Collection For Sale With Very Sad Story
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Really sad story behind this.

I have been in contact with Steve and he's going through a horrible time.

Hoping he beats this.

You can see the passion he has for Spider-Man when viewing his collection.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/ultimate-spider-man-collection-to-be-sold-under-heart-wrenching-circumstances

Very sad story. What an awesome achievement. His attitude and outlook during this hardship are very admirable.

From what I read from the article this is a man who has a great passion but is putting it aside for an even greater passion - His family.

This is the mark of a truly good person, husband and father. 

I wish him and his family the best and hope for the best possible outcomes.

Disney or some super deep pocketed collectors need to step in here. If I had the wealth I'd do whatever I had to ensure he got at the very least FMV for his collection. I couldn't have it in my conscience to have this guy and his family fleeced!!! I hope Bob Iger and Kevin Feige hear about this.

Edited by MGsimba77

2 hours ago, PKJ said:

Just got an email from Vince (Metropolis)that he is involved now in trying to help sell the collection.

Got the same email. Here's the link in the email to his site where they've catalogued everything. There's a video from Steve himself. 

https://spider-steve-collection.com/dashboard

cover_1.thumb.jpg.25ef3fd425ffe7cf641c75693af2bc85.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77

I just read this from Instagram...

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the passing of Steven Graff Levine this morning at 8:50 AM PST. He took his final breath, in his bed, surrounded by his wife and dear friend of over 40 years. While this loss is incredibly painful it brings comfort to know that he is at rest and that his pain and struggles are over. His wife and daughter are so grateful and appreciative of all the outpouring of love & support this community has shown. THANK YOU #igcomicbookcommunity .. and for all of you that have helped Steve on his journey THANK YOU 🙏🏻 .. whether you sold Steve a book, helped him press one (or a few), or just wished him well, You guys are the best‼️ ❤️

Steve, it’s been an honor & privilege getting to know you and work with you on your collection these past few years. You will always be my dear friend and my brother. Thank you for the memories. I will miss you deeply. As you swing away, off into the sunset, your website will live on as a tribute to your passion for collecting and the memories we’ve forged will be forever etched in our hearts. R.I.P. ❤️

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER ARTICLE:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ultimate-spider-man-collection-to-be-sold-under-heart-wrenching-circumstances

SPIDER-STEVE COLLECTION:
spider-steve-collection.com

So sorry to read this.  I saw the article posted by the OP last week and shot Steve an email at the address I had for him.

Steve and I did a trade back in 2009 and his passion for Spider-Man was on full display.  

Prayers for his friends and family.