• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

International Return Shipping
1 1

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello,

The customs and duties are the responsibility of the submitter. They are based off of your declared value, as that is what we base the package value on.

Paul

On 2/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, Hanaly Tan said:

customs/duty tax

Every country has its own position on taxes, and I think it is a good idea for anyone moving goods across borders to understand the rules for the applicable territories. For example, I live in the UK. Books (including comic books) are tax and duty free when imported into my country. The origin of this position was "there should be no taxation of knowledge", and this is now interpreted broadly. The upshot is that the shipper (CGC or anyone overseas that I purchase from) must write the word "Book" on the customs declaration. If they do so, the packages arrives tax and fuss-free. If they fail to do this, I have to pay the taxes and then (try to) reclaim them.

It will likely be different in different countries, and when importing different items (such as trading cards).

I believe it is well worth your time to review your government's websites. The published rules are (should be) those implemented by border agents.

I hope this helps,

regards

Stephen

Do you include the original tracking number and received date on the return form?

Also will it include a copy of my original commercial invoice from shipping, as this would be useful for customs when returning to the UK

For example if I shipped via UPS would you be able to include the original tracking number I sent it out on on the return shipment form? As it would allow me to confirm they are returned goods when they come back through customs in the UK? (i.e. not a new purchase of items for the declared value)

Thanks

Edited by ngy275

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ngy275 said:

Do you include the original tracking number and received date on the return form?

Also will it include a copy of my original commercial invoice from shipping, as this would be useful for customs when returning to the UK

For example if I shipped via UPS would you be able to include the original tracking number I sent it out on on the return shipment form? As it would allow me to confirm they are returned goods when they come back through customs in the UK? (i.e. not a new purchase of items for the declared value)

Thanks

I do not believe so. You can double check with customer service though. 1-877-NM-COMIC

Paul