• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forgetting to label box for signing Event

11 posts in this topic

So, with all the site issues from last week on the CGC site and making it impossible to actually do a submission until Sunday night, I was rushing to get my books packaged and sent out.  I just shipped them out today because of another issue of my post office not accepting cards yesterday....(don't ask)...

I just realized that I forgot to put the writing on the box for the signing event.  Now, I am gambling that they get down by Monday to the PO Box.  But, what should I do about ensuring my books get into the Eastman/Bishop signing with this mistake I made if they are delivered by the deadline?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. We pull out books that have the private signing initials on the outside of the box and get them entered ASAP.  Unfortunately, that is the only way to distinguish these from the hundreds of regular submissions we receive each day.  So, if those initials are not put on the outside of the box then your package will have to wait until we get to that particular day's mail.  Due to the very high volume of mail, it can take 10 days or more for that to be opened and logged in.  

Generally, there is a couple of weeks between the cut off date and the date of the actual signing.  Your order would be fine as long as your box is opened and logged in before the actual signing has been completed. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 2/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. We pull out books that have the private signing initials on the outside of the box and get them entered ASAP.  Unfortunately, that is the only way to distinguish these from the hundreds of regular submissions we receive each day.  So, if those initials are not put on the outside of the box then your package will have to wait until we get to that particular day's mail.  Due to the very high volume of mail, it can take 10 days or more for that to be opened and logged in.  

Generally, there is a couple of weeks between the cut off date and the date of the actual signing.  Your order would be fine as long as your box is opened and logged in before the actual signing has been completed. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Jennifer, 

Thanks for the information.  I have received notice that the package is currently at the post office awaiting pick up from CGC.  Is there a possibility to let the person know to keep a look out for the package with my name on it since I made the mistake of not putting the initials on it to signify it was for the Eastman/Bishop signing.  I know it is a long shot with the volume of packages that come in for your business and services.  Just figured I'd ask since it got down there prior to the deadline.

Thanks and have a good day!

On 2/15/2021 at 10:07 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

We will try our best to get your box opened as soon as possible but, unfortunately, without the initials on the outside, it will take a bit longer to get opened.

Thanks,

Good afternoon,

I figured I would continue to post in this thread instead of starting a new one since it is still about this situation.

So, the packaged arrived on February 12th to the Post Office Box.  I checked tracking today to see if it was picked up and got a message saying that I needed to reschedule the delivery by February 26th or else it would be returned to me.  Is it normal for the package to sit at the post office for almost a week before actually getting to the CGC facility for opening?  I am just worried that it won't get to the signing event in time even though it was received before the cut off date of the 15th of February.

I was told by an individual on the phone that USPS delivers these packages to you even though they are sent to a PO box.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

• Administrator

Hi, thanks for your message. 

CGC does not collect the mail from the post office directly.  It is all delivered to our office.  Due to a very high volume of mail, it is taking longer than normal for the post office to deliver all of the packages to us here.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered.

As the packages are sitting in that status for longer now, it generates that automated email you received stating your package would be sent back.  You do not need to do anything; the package will still be delivered as scheduled. 

Thank you,

4 minutes ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hi, thanks for your message. 

CGC does not collect the mail from the post office directly.  It is all delivered to our office.  Due to a very high volume of mail, it is taking longer than normal for the post office to deliver all of the packages to us here.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered.

As the packages are sitting in that status for longer now, it generates that automated email you received stating your package would be sent back.  You do not need to do anything; the package will still be delivered as scheduled. 

Thank you,

Thanks again for the information.  Outside of the show submissions, this is my literal first one so I am a bit green about all this.  I am just worried that, even though it was delivered before the signing cut off date, that I am going to miss it.

Just trying to get further information about the books I submitted. 

They were delivered to the PO box on February 12th.  Made it to your facility on February 18th.  They are still not in the system as submitted.   I'm starting to get worried that they won't be in the system prior to the Eastman signing.  

Do I still have a chance to make the signing? 

I've called and emailed and have not gotten any helpful information. 

• Administrator

Hello, we have not started opening mail from the 18th yet.  Did you notate the artist's initials on the outside of the box as per the instructions?  That is how we know there is a private signing invoice in the box and we pull those out to be entered ASAP.  Even then, it will take some time to get entered due to the high volume of packages received each day.  

If you did not put the artist's initials on the outside of the box then the box won't be opened until we get to that day's mail.  Usually there are at least a couple of weeks from the cut off date to the actual signing date so as long as the box is opened before the signing, we would still accept it. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you.