• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Hot Takes!
2 2

80 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

What about a mono recreation’s value? Original cover inker inked on computer. Artist is willing to recreate what he did in original ink and give a certificate of authenticity that will be his only “authentic” recreation. Given my taste, that’s quite likely to be true. Price is about 60% of his original inked work price. Is that to be valued as no different than a recreation?

I think Matches Malone made a good point above

2 hours ago, Shin-Kaiser said:

Hot Take: People's perceptions to monoprints will change when they start selling for thousands at auction

Then do you think "actual" original art would sell for even more ??

2 hours ago, Shin-Kaiser said:

Hot Take: People's perceptions to monoprints will change when they start selling for thousands at auction

Just connecting a couple dots

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/story-page-original-art-group-of-2-dc-2020-/p/122108-51011.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

The listing shows 2 COAs for the 2 monoprints.

But the current description (bolding by me) is:

Story Page Original Art Group of 2 (DC, 2020). Two pages from writer Tom King's epic (and controversial) run on Batman, including from Issue 49 -- it's the Cat vs. the Clown in the aftermath of their exciting showdown, and from Issue 83, Bruce finally learns of Alfred's death, and mourns the loss of his friend. Ink over graphite on Bristol board with image areas of 10" x 15". Soft handling wear and in Excellent condition.

54 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Just connecting a couple dots

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/story-page-original-art-group-of-2-dc-2020-/p/122108-51011.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

The listing shows 2 COAs for the 2 monoprints.

But the current description (bolding by me) is:

Story Page Original Art Group of 2 (DC, 2020). Two pages from writer Tom King's epic (and controversial) run on Batman, including from Issue 49 -- it's the Cat vs. the Clown in the aftermath of their exciting showdown, and from Issue 83, Bruce finally learns of Alfred's death, and mourns the loss of his friend. Ink over graphite on Bristol board with image areas of 10" x 15". Soft handling wear and in Excellent condition.

Someone needs to tell someone... lol @Ricksneatstuff

12 minutes ago, Shin-Kaiser said:

Undoubtedly. But then again, it already is no?

It will end up like oils vs. litho’s. Depends on the art. 

The way to make it more legitimate is to have some sort of generally recognized body issue the authentication certificate (for a nominal fee), and registration number. Then, the absence of a certificate indicates it is subject to, or may even be, an unauthorized copy. 

Edited by Rick2you2

6 hours ago, dichotomy said:

My children are going to be FINE with community college or vocational school. God willing, HVAC install and repair 🤞🤞🤞

My youngest took a Corona virus year off from regular college to go to community college on-line for a year. My bill went from about $45,000+ to about $6,000. Maybe another year of this wouldn’t be so terrible.

42 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

They already have.  Jorge Jimenez Batman comes to mind. One sold for $6K. 

It was only a matter of time.

Can you send me a link to the auction results? For the record, I'm a strictly pencil and ink guy myself but I can see that a majority of artists will be working digitally in the near future. Monoprints will become commonplace.