• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.6 with bad damage (how is this possible)???

6 posts in this topic

So I just bought this, the damage wasn't clear on the photos prior to buying.

My question though, is this even possible to be considered a 9.6 with the corner being this damaged, even if it's the only flaw?

Is this something that's been somehow missed by CGC or likely damage post slabbing?

MVIMG_20210210_135511.jpg

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Could be a MFG/printing defect, which simply keeps it from being a 9.9 or Gem Mint.

Edit: Or it could be a part of the cover art?

It's definitely not part of the art or a common printing issue for the cover. Here's a 9.8 example for reference 

Screenshot_2021-02-10-14-10-44-409_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Just now, Ian callaghan said:

It's definitely not part of the art or a common printing issue for the cover. Here's a 9.8 example for reference 

Screenshot_2021-02-10-14-10-44-409_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Lack of ink isn't a common printing issue, but it's not held against the condition. This defect doesn't look consumer-made to me. You can see the print dotting pattern.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Lack of ink isn't a common printing issue, but it's not held against the condition. This defect doesn't look consumer-made to me. You can see the print dotting pattern.

Definitely appears to be a manufacturing error.

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Thanks, I was worried it had been dropped or rubbed off from damage!