• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM New Teen Titans #2
2 2

22 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

I agree, but it might grade higher if CGC treats the gripper tears (that's what I'm assuming they are?) at the bottom of the front cover as a production defect...I've not submitted a book with these types of tears, so I don't know if they're ignored by CGC.

A press would help with the bends at the lower left corner of the back cover, if that's your thing...

Nice book!

19 hours ago, JRibble said:

9.6  I loved this book and the whole Wolfman/Perez run.  

Me too! So much. One of these days, I'll scan my copies and start a thread in Copper Age. Long overdue.

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

You guys are tough. I'd guess a fairly easy 9.6, with 9.8 not out of the question.

Am I looking at a chip in the lower page edge near the UPC box?  That’s why I dinged it.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Galen130 said:

Am I looking at a chip in the lower page edge near the UPC box?  That’s why I dinged it.  (shrug)

Pretty sure that's from production, so CGC will pretend not to see it. :D 

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

You guys are tough. I'd guess a fairly easy 9.6, with 9.8 not out of the question.

Agree to much tough grading. Your grade is about spot on. The print process sometimes gets these roll grab marks that cause some loss on certain areas of the book that we can’t prevent.

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

9.2-9.4

That small back edge bend might press out. And like others, if CGC treats those small bottom edge tears as manufacturing tears (which they appear to be), then 9.4 seems most definite, with a shot at 9.6

how long you been grading comics?   2 years? 5 years?  you sound like your under 30.  take a long time to figure grading.