• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

Oh boy. Whedon called Wonder Woman 'Natasha' on the set??!! :facepalm:

Fisher has been the most vocal member of the Justice League cast about Whedon's alleged transgressions, reiterating in an interview with Vanity Fair that the director engendered a toxic environment on set and was dismissive of notes from actors and crew. Fisher states that Whedon had a chip on his shoulder over the polarizing response to Avengers: Age Of Ultron, mistakenly referred to Wonder Woman as "Natasha," and was quick to shoot down any collaborative efforts on the parts of the actors. Fisher's full comment can be read below:

"What ended up happening, I think, was a bit of a collaborative gaslighting that we got from Joss. We ended up getting an email prior to the reshoot, I think it was sent out to the entire cast. It was an email saying, “Hey, we’re really trying to pull this together. Obviously this is a tough situation. Any questions, comments, blah, blah, blah, feel free to pass them along.” We learned pretty quickly that that was not the case at all. That was just the niceties for what was really going to be happening, which is, well, I’m not going to get too much into that. The thing is, there’s an ongoing investigation with respect to that, and we’re trying to get everything back on track with that."

"There were some things that did not happen to me that I bore witness to, that I can’t speak about right now. That’s for the people that it happened to, to speak about. You could tell very quickly that [Whedon] was very upset that people did not like Age of Ultron very much. This is what I gathered from the first conversation that I had with him. There was a bit of this sort of egotistical narcissism that ended up going into everything that he was trying to do."

"You can see it in some of the scenes that were produced. Flash falling on Wonder Woman’s [chest] is something that he yanked out of Age of Ultron and just copy-pasted here. In my first conversation creatively with him, he kept accidentally calling “Diana” “Natasha,” which is crazy stuff. This was in the conversation that they made me have with him prior to giving me the -script. There was a lot of belittling on set. There was a lot of mocking, both of previous work and of actors and people."

"He compared me at one point to Robert Downey Jr. And said, “Listen, I don’t like to take notes from anybody, not even Robert Downey Jr.” And I said, “Well, okay. Be that as it may…” "

"That was the first phone conversation he and I had had about the actual -script. And so, two notes in, he cuts me off flat out and goes, boom. This is what it is. And I go, “Okay, the email that you sent was not what I’m getting right now. So I’ll take the cue and just back off it.” But you can tell he had a lot of resentment for what the situation was with the Marvel side of things. It just felt weird and odd. But we ended up getting the brunt of a lot of whatever he was going through at the time. I don’t know what that was, but whatever it is, can’t continue…. This kind of stuff can’t keep going. I mean, I said it before: If this is the only film I’m blessed to do, I’ll take it and go, because there’s never going to be another film that happens like this."

Ray Fisher is calling on Warner Bros. to release the results of the Justice League investigation in their entirety to the public. The actor first alleged abusive behavior from the film's director Joss Whedon in July of 2020. Fisher detailed Whedon's misconduct on set, saying it was enabled by producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. An official investigation opened in August, and Warner Bros. put out a statement calling some of Fisher's claims false and alluding that his subsequent behavior was uncooperative.

The investigation results made privy to the public were pretty vague. Still, WarnerMedia Studios CEO Ann Sarnoff touched the issue, telling Variety that they took the investigation "very seriously" and found no evidence that Joss Whedon's Justice League cuts were racially motivated. She also stood by DC Films President Walter Hamada, saying that he didn't interfere with the investigation.

Throughout the saga, Fisher remained candid with fans on social media, most recently calling for Warner Bros. to make the Justice League investigation findings public. In a five-thread post on Twitter, Fisher addressed Sarnoff's comments directly, calling them "tone deaf" and fighting for transparency.

Not sure if this has already been said  but I noticed a man called Tom Whedon was a writer of some of the tales in the Spidey Super Stories run. I wondered if he was related to Joss Whedon and he is. Tom is Joss's deceased father.  small world...

Edited by comic_memories

Ray Fisher is ready to talk.

Ever since June 2020, when he fired off a tweet accusing Joss Whedon of "gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable" conduct on the set of Justice League, the 33-year-old actor has used social media and a series of interviews to lob serious allegations of racist behavior and a cover-up at Warner Bros.

While Fisher has dropped details and named names, outsiders have struggled to understand: How did Whedon incur his anger? Did Fisher really decline to participate in an investigation that was launched in response to his own complaints, as Warners claimed in September? Was Fisher fighting a righteous battle or a quixotic one when he set out on a path that appears to have cost him a place in the DC film universe?

Now, in many hours of conversation, Fisher tells his side. Much of his previous reluctance to spell out the story, he says, arose because he didn't — and still doesn't — want to expose the identities of others who shared their stories with him and investigators. "I'm not looking to have any witnesses lose their jobs," he says.

Those include some who wouldn't seem to have any worries about job security: Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa. Others who were not involved with Justice League also spoke to Fisher and in some cases the investigators about experiences with Whedon and with Geoff Johns, who was co-chairman of DC Films and a producer on the film. They include Charisma Carpenter, who recently wrote on social media of Whedon's alleged abusiveness on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and individuals who had worked with Johns on Syfy's Krypton.

Fisher got Warners to start an investigation, more than two years after the first version of the film was released. But he soon found the process to be suspicious. The studio and its parent company seemed to be focused on protecting top executives, he says. The process moved in starts and stops, and when he felt forced to ramp up his public protest, the studio responded with what Fisher calls a deliberate smear. Warners maintains it has done everything necessary to address Fisher's concerns. He still wants an apology.

Before things had gone sour, Fisher was expected to play a supporting role as Cyborg in the planned movie The Flash. In June 2020, Fisher says he had a call with director Andy Muschietti that seemed positive, but the discussion hit a snag when Warners framed a two-week shoot as a "cameo," offering only a fraction of what Fisher says he should have been paid for reappearing as Cyborg. By late September, he was upset by press reports that he was demanding to double his pay.

Ultimately, the studio removed the Cyborg role from the movie. Citing a Dec. 30 tweet, the studio said, "Given his statement that [Mr. Fisher] will not participate in any film associated with Mr. Hamada, our production is now moving on."

Fisher says he wasn't surprised. "When I first spoke up, I assumed there was no way these guys would allow me to do my job in peace," he says. Now working on the ABC anthology series Women of the Movement, Fisher says he knew the struggle could be costly. "I'm not so indebted to Hollywood that I haven't been willing to put myself out there," he says.

"I don't believe some of these people are fit for positions of leadership," says Fisher, who explains he's not looking for anyone to be fired. "I don't want them excommunicated from Hollywood, but I don't think they should be in charge of the hiring and firing of other people." Fisher knows he's not going to win that battle, but he feels a point has been made. "If I can't get accountability," he says, "at least I can make people aware of who they're dealing with."

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I bet people will be quick to defend Gadot. I wish that Fisher was extended the same courtesy.

It's all confirming most of the rumors that came out back during the Whedon reshoots about the atmosphere. Including that Gal Gadot's body double was locked in a room and told she was to shoot the boobs scene or her career would be over.

JL_Whedon.jpg.b6457d16f16e6ba82aa0e8dd89b15fce.jpg

But yeah. Let's pretend Ray Fischer made all this up for more attention like some proclaimed on here. That's what it was.

:facepalm:

A lot of monsters in that business. 

Doing the whole metoo, time's up has changed nothing. 

Yeah, Hollywood's cleaned up it's act.🤣🤣🤣

"Everyone Just Knows He's an Absolute Monster": Scott Rudin's Ex-Staffers Speak Out on Abusive Behavior
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/everyone-just-knows-hes-an-absolute-monster-scott-rudins-ex-staffers-speak-out-on-abusive-behavior

For those that assumed it was just Ray Fisher being extra sensitive about Whedon.

GalGado_Whedon210508.PNG.6c9fd969b1ea4f7bfa2c01e7886df488.PNG

Gal Gadot confirms to Israeli Channel 12 that Joss Whedon threatened to end her career.

"He threatened my career and told me that if I'll do something, he'll make sure my career will be miserable and I just took care of it on the spot."

How the mighty have fallen. I used to think Joss Whedon could do no wrong, and was admired by all his cast and crew.

:facepalm:

Will we ever get a fourth “Friday” movie? Well, we might not if Cube and Warner Bros. don’t settle their dispute. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, “Last Friday” is being held up because Cube would like the studio to hand over the rights to his three films: “Friday,” “Next Friday,” and “Friday After Next.” “Last Friday” has reportedly been in the works for almost a decade, Yahoo! News reports. 

In a letter, Ice Cube said WB has been excessive in its feedback notes” on Cube’s scripts, noting they have been a “poor steward” for the movie franchise, Yahoo! News reports. “These guys don’t get me, and I don’t get them,” Jackson said in an interview.

In another letter, reps for Cube said his movies have been “habitually underfunded in comparison with projects featuring white casts and creative teams.” Warner Bros. fired back at Jackson, saying it will not give him rights to his movies because they claim his demands “extortionate” and denying his claims, calling them “revisionist history.”