• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM House of Secrets 92
1 1

25 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Well, it's impossible to grade it. For all we know, there's NO back cover. Why is there only one photo?

I agree - but what kind of deductions could you see from the cover alone - what’s the highest it can get assuming everything else is pristine?

1 hour ago, Ozonetv said:

I agree - but what kind of deductions could you see from the cover alone - what’s the highest it can get assuming everything else is pristine?

Assuming the back cover is nice as the front, it is about a 9.4. Unusual for that book. In that event, I would start thinking about it being restored. If it were perfect with no resto, that book would sell for around $7k as is at current market value. It isn't a book I would consider buying without it being graded first.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Assuming the back cover is nice as the front, it is about a 9.4. Unusual for that book. In that event, I would start thinking about it being restored. If it were perfect with no resto, that book would sell for around $7k as is at current market value. It isn't a book I would consider buying without it being graded first.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Thanks Randall- I know the source very well, he picked it up off the news stand. But I agree- I've been burned by resto on another copy of it, so I know that problem all too well.

3 hours ago, Ozonetv said:

Thanks Randall- I know the source very well, he picked it up off the news stand. But I agree- I've been burned by resto on another copy of it, so I know that problem all too well.

Wow! An original owner book. Well, I hope you can buy it! Finding that book in that shape is rare. Any idea the page quality?

First, I never assume with half the info.

Front cover, definitely 9.2-9.4 appearance. But I would like to see the centrefold, pages (in the same pic) and of course back.

Until then, I would not assign a grade or even a price to it and anything is a gamble. Odds are you have at least a VF and up copy here but the chance exists that there is a stain on the back and a detached centrefold....you wanna risk buying/bidding/offering on one pic, that is your call :)

I've got a fantastic looking copy as well with a beautifully presentable front cover. When I posted pictures for grading on here I realized 2 back pages are missing. Boom...automatic 0.5. I'm lucky I got scammed when I was young and naive as I bought the book almost 20 years ago off ebay and probably only paid what it is actually somewhat worth now even as a 0.5

2 hours ago, Richardnobl3 said:

I've got a fantastic looking copy as well with a beautifully presentable front cover. When I posted pictures for grading on here I realized 2 back pages are missing. Boom...automatic 0.5. TI'm lucky I got scammed when I was young and naive as I bought the book almost 20 years ago off ebay and probably only paid what it is actually somewhat worth now even as a 0.5

Theres something about this book that makes it really hard to get a non-restored nice copy.

And may or may not have a back cover!!!  Reality doesn’t resolve until I have observed it, so I can neither confirm nor refute the existence of said cover.  (See Schrödinger’s Cat - which may or may not be be dead.):ohnoez:

16 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

And may or may not have a back cover!!!  Reality doesn’t resolve until I have observed it, so I can neither confirm nor refute the existence of said cover.  (See Schrödinger’s Cat - which may or may not be be dead.):ohnoez:

(but - this could be the back cover of a different 9.2...you never know)

CGC3829543-001_REV.thumb.jpg.59c946b51f6bd04546a056ee0de3c5ee.jpg