• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

I mean, guys, he's not wrong.  

Newbie here, and never sent anything in to grade yet, but if I sent off 10 sets of books/cards for grading, all about the same quality, and got 9 sets back in a reasonable timeframe with a certain spread of grades.  But 1 set out of the 10 is lost or delayed for months.  And then, after a complaint, the set instantly appears, but some of the cards are damaged, and the grades are distinctly lower than the grades from every other set I sent in from that same timeframe.  I would probably call foul too....

Edited by Axelrod

22 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Right now , i want a honest explanation for why this submission was bouncing around at CGC for months and when i posted the problem here this week , it suddenly gets graded with grades totally not consistent with 9 other submission results.

It's a matter between you and the company.  Call them if you really want an explanation.  Why bring us into it?

Edited by namisgr

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I assume there are graders notes for cards...if so why haven’t you shared? If not then images OF THE CARDS AND NOT YOU BATCH COMPARISON are needed!

look at screen shots of submissions before and after .   I sent cards to CGC (screen shots) PSA and BGS the same weeks.   My eyes did not magically decide that a particular submission 2 (revenge)  change out of 20 submissions to 3 different grading companies.   Consistency is very important.  The results are posted.  Take a step back and ask yourself , what are the odds just 1 submission of 20+ to 3 companies would have nothing over 9?    This is not 1 card submissions to CGC.  these are bulk.  so data is in front your eyes.

i guess a few days later, my eyes for grades went back to normal like the other 9 submissions.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-09_34_43bbbbb.png

Ok well 19 times out of 20 I can predict a comic book grade within a half point of what CGC gives it....

....by your logic, that one time when I am off by a grade point or more I should complain and assume they are trying to screw me?

oh oh oh I’m sorrrrrrryyyyy. You want bulk because bulk matters. Ok, let’s say I self grade 10000 comics and 9000 of them come back with grades within the 0.5 buffer I predicted. The rest were off. Now should I be yelling at CGC?

Edited by comicginger1789

2 minutes ago, namisgr said:

It's a matter between you and the company.  Call them if you really want an explanation.  Why bring us into it?

dont think you read thru.  i understand you not understanding the whole story.

I been asking about this sub for months thru email and phone.   They sound so genuine , each time telling me the cards are "grading or slabbing" so i let is slide as just some mix up or honest mistake  .  Then when i finally post the problem publicly THIS WEEK here.  the submission from Oct 2020 magically gets graded in two days..  It should be a matter between CGC and me thru email for phone.  But at this point , the only way anything seems to get noticed and badly act upon is this forum.  Like i said,  my family post PRO CGC videos on Youtube and want to be a customer of CGC.  But if this type of inconsistency and problems arise.  what choice to i have but to take this to a OPEN public  forum next were unbias audience can read about this problem.  

Is your case moderately curious? Yes. But this proof you keep posting is terrible.

Its like saying “hey this guy is responsible for stealing a couch at IKEA. Stealing couches is what he does so this theft must be him as well!” without actually providing any physical proof he was ever at that IKEA.

All you have done is say “hey I submit a lot to CGC and others and generally get back 9.0 or better cards and now that I haven’t CGC is automatically evil” without looking at any of these cards to see why they got the grades they did.

Edited by comicginger1789

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Ok well 19 times out of 20 I can predict a comic book grade within a half point of what CGC gives it....

....by your logic, that one time when I am off by a grade point or more I should complain and assume they are trying to screw me?

oh oh oh I’m sorrrrrrryyyyy. You want bulk because bulk matters. Ok, let’s say I self grade 10000 comics and 9000 of them come back with grades within the 0.5 buffer I predicted. The rest were off. Now should I be yelling at CGC?

by your logic, you need to grade 1000 comics that majority grades between 9 -10 and batch them in to groups of 100.  and only 1 batch has nothing higher that a 9 but the other 9 have grades with asame ratio 9-10's.   That would be very hard to do by any grader in the world.    Remember, these cards are coming from the same owner, same storage, and screened by the same person.   Some how my eyes went strange for just this particular Late submissio with multiple problems?

highly unlikely.  

Here is your logic...

CGC saw I was upset that a batch of my cards were not graded as fast as others so their solution was to rush grading or revenge grade me because I complained. They deliberately monitored me on these forums and found my batch and hit me hard with inappropriate grades, which could likely result in driving away business from myself and other who believe and listen to what I say.

Yup. You are right. Sounds like what a company would do to help their business.

3 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Please link your youtube videos.  I think that could convince a lot of people. 

Sure, if these clowns dont hassle my wife and kids.    Do you think these people on this forum are ethical enough that they can keep from hassling women and girls?    Let me know, i will post the channel.  ALL good for CGC.  Great promotion for CGC.

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Here is your logic...

CGC saw I was upset that a batch of my cards were not graded as fast as others so their solution was to rush grading or revenge grade me because I complained. They deliberately monitored me on these forums and found my batch and hit me hard with inappropriate grades, which could likely result in driving away business from myself and other who believe and listen to what I say.

Yup. You are right. Sounds like what a company would do to help their business.

read the thread.  there is way more problems than just late grades.    Step back and look at this submission better.

2 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

by your logic, you need to grade 1000 comics that majority grades between 9 -10 and batch them in to groups of 100.  and only 1 batch has nothing higher that a 9 but the other 9 have grades with asame ratio 9-10's.   That would be very hard to do by any grader in the world.    Remember, these cards are coming from the same owner, same storage, and screened by the same person.   Some how my eyes went strange for just this particular Late submissio with multiple problems?

highly unlikely.  

No it wouldn’t. Again I’m gonna throw some things out here that you can confirm or deny or ignore like you tend to

1. You’ve studied card grading for more than five years (my guess is no)

2. You are younger than 30 (my guess is yes based off you entitledness attitude)

3. When you are wrong, you always try to lay blame elsewhere first before self reflecting (again seems to be a yes)

4. Internet lambasting and rage is your first avenue to deal with problems (again answer seems to be yes)

5. Your main motivations for these cards is sales and profit and since a batch has endangered that, you become upset (again seems a likely yes)

3 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Sure, if these clowns dont hassle my wife and kids.    Do you think these people on this forum are ethical enough that they can keep from hassling women and girls?    Let me know, i will post the channel.  ALL good for CGC.  Great promotion for CGC.

Lol I would never hassle anyone except the clown. His wife and kids aren’t on here complaining :)

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

No it wouldn’t. Again I’m gonna throw some things out here that you can confirm or deny or ignore like you tend to

1. You’ve studied card grading for more than five years (my guess is no)

2. You are younger than 30 (my guess is yes based off you entitledness attitude)

3. When you are wrong, you always try to lay blame elsewhere first before self reflecting (again seems to be a yes)

4. Internet lambasting and rage is your first avenue to deal with problems (again answer seems to be yes)

5. Your main motivations for these cards is sales and profit and since a batch has endangered that, you become upset (again seems a likely yes)

I have SGC with the stupid point system 98 gem mint that i graded personally when they started 20yrs ago.  POKEMON cards graded by SGC 98 etc..

that should answer everything.