• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

I am sometimes nostalgic for the good old days (pre-any entombing of cards or comics etc) when it was like the wild west.  During those times you had to use your own wits, acumen, guile and sometimes cunning when grading raw books etc and in the end if you were unhappy ???  with a purchase or trade you really could only blame yourself for not doing your due diligence. We all suffer from some form of blindness be it a lack of objectivity, self-inflated ego, poor judgment, insufficient mindfulness or simply making bad assumptions.  Owning up to that was easier before you could blame a third party grading service. My 2cents. :preach:  

Edited by Roger66

1 hour ago, alohaboyz said:

your the only one that made a comment of ethics.  why havent anyone else answered yet.  I have no problem sharing the video channels if everyone can be ethical and not bother or harass them.   

here a screen shot. 

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-10_48_40.png

you're

hasn't

44 minutes ago, Roger66 said:

I am sometimes nostalgic for the good old days (pre-any entombing of cards or comics etc) when it was like the wild west.  During those times you had to use your own wits, acumen, guile and sometimes cunning when grading raw books etc and in the end if you were unhappy ???  with a purchase or trade you really could only blame yourself for not doing your due diligence. We all suffer from some form of blindness be it a lack of objectivity, self-inflated ego, poor judgment, insufficient mindfulness or simply making bad assumptions.  Owning up to that was easier before you could blame a third party grading service. My 2cents. :preach:  

I miss the good old days to where people didnt go on the internet acting like lunatics just because they didnt get exactly what they wanted.  There was a time when people had to learn to speak like a human being to a business to get anywhere. Now you can just rage on social media and people give you attention. Not just with cards but with anything. 

The one thing Im bothered with in this industry is the lack of professionalism and this thread is proof of that. Regardless if you think your right or wrong, there is a right way of handling it. You dont mindlessly spam garbage 100 times and refuse to listen to logic. Not sure where this person was raised or who brought them up, but its just not acceptable behavior and really wish CGC didnt cave in. If it was my business, Id tell the dude to take a hike since there are plenty of rational, calm, mature, and less aggressive people willing to do business.

21 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I miss the good old days to where people didnt go on the internet acting like lunatics just because they didnt get exactly what they wanted.  There was a time when people had to learn to speak like a human being to a business to get anywhere. Now you can just rage on social media and people give you attention. Not just with cards but with anything. 

The one thing Im bothered with in this industry is the lack of professionalism and this thread is proof of that. Regardless if you think your right or wrong, there is a right way of handling it. You dont mindlessly spam garbage 100 times and refuse to listen to logic. Not sure where this person was raised or who brought them up, but its just not acceptable behavior and really wish CGC didnt cave in. If it was my business, Id tell the dude to take a hike since there are plenty of rational, calm, mature, and less aggressive people willing to do business.

A fool that is afraid of doing what is right will just be quite.  Grow some.  Of course there is two sides to every story. i can tell you, the truth is probably in the middle.

so all you fools can stand extremely to one side, you are most likely wrong, no matter what you post or think.

Paul has his explanation, i have my explanation.  the solution is somewhere in the middle.   That is how it works .

Edited by alohaboyz

1 minute ago, alohaboyz said:

A fool that is afraid of doing what is right will just be quite.  Grow some.  Of course there is two sides to every story. i can tell you, the truth is probably in the middle.

so all you fools can stand extremely to one side, you are most likely wrong, no matter what you post or think.

Paul has his explanation, i have my explanation.  the solution is somewhere in the middle.   That is how it works .

Its not a matter of being right or wrong. Its your behavior. My problem with you is how you been on here raging like a child instead of dealing with these people in private. Your a grown man yet your acting like you have the mind of a 5 year old. Its just not ok to act that way regardless if you have a point or not. Its not professional and I wouldnt in a million years do business or keep doing business with someone who acts that way.

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Its not a matter of being right or wrong. Its your behavior. My problem with you is how you been on here raging like a child instead of dealing with these people in private. Your a grown man yet your acting like you have the mind of a 5 year old. Its just not ok to act that way regardless if you have a point or not. Its not professional and I wouldnt in a million years do business or keep doing business with someone who acts that way.

LOL, feeling better?   now go suck your thumb in the corner . "timeout".  lol 

31 minutes ago, dagwood jr. said:

Came here expecting revenge grades to be 6 or below. Ended up finding a grown person whine about grading. If it upsets you so much, maybe you can create your own grading service, that way you'll always have pristine 10s.

OK. thanks for the great idea.  Go get your popcorn now.

1 hour ago, alohaboyz said:

No, that is not how it works! Just because you say 2+2 are 5 does not make it so, no matter how loud you yell!

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I hear you but sometimes we must ignore the ranters, ravers, finger-pointers, aggravators, distractors and inane posturers online.  Prior to the internet people sat down and wrote their grievances on paper, which often (but not always) lead to more personal consultation, insight, contemplation and consideration by the author, who wrote to a much smaller audience too.  Nowadays just about anyone can spew any form of grievance, hatred, bigotry, stupidity and self-loathing they want by simply clicking their mouse and tapping away on their keyboard.  We choose who to ignore and we choose whom to reply to online.  In the end this is all meaningless chatter, which is like grains of sand on an endless and isolated windswept beach. My 2-cents. :preach:

Edited by Roger66

3 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah, no. Your a legit diva. I wish CGC would blacklist people. Crying on the message boards as a grown man is pathetic. I wish CGC would realize that your business is pretty irrelevant and had some balls to kick you to the curve. Your behavior is unacceptable and shouldnt be tolerated.

CGC has blacklisted before

23 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

LOL, feeling better?   now go suck your thumb in the corner . "timeout".  lol 

Id be embarrassed by the things that you wrote. Im sorry if you suffer from some sort of condition but yeah, what your doing is not cool man. Its mortifying that your on here acting out this crazy behavior and acting like its normal. Not sure who taught you this behavior was ever ok but its not. Its not how any respectable adult should be acting towards a business.

10 minutes ago, Roger66 said:

I hear you but sometimes we must ignore the ranters, ravers, finger-pointers, aggravators, distractors and inane posturers online.  Prior to the internet people sat down and wrote their grievances on paper, which often (but not always) lead to more personal consultation, insight, contemplation and consideration by the author, who wrote to a much smaller audience too.  Nowadays just about anyone can spew any form of grievance, hatred, bigotry, stupidity and self-loathing they want by simply clicking their mouse and tapping away on their keyboard.  We choose who to ignore and we choose whom to reply to online.  In the end this is all meaningless chatter, which is like grains of sand on an endless and isolated windswept beach. My 2-cents. :preach:

Yeah, your not wrong. I just wanted to set someone straight since this stuff shouldnt be tolerated. Im probably just talking to a wall and should go on my way lol but Ive spoke my peace. This dude acting up like this was just sad to watch and its even sader how he doesnt realize that the way he is acting is not right. It is what it is. Wish this pandemic would be over so I wasnt stuck at home trying to kill time.

you all think i when off just last night.  Why dont you look at how long i been asking about this submission before last night.   Think about the whole picture and take your ... out of you zsw.    This submission was from Oct 2020.  Been asking about this sub thru email and phone for 2 months..   

Please contact CGC and tell them to put YOUR Submission on the 2 months extra list because you dont care if anything is late.  All you peanut gallery fools need to understand everything before yapping.

And yes, i am even more aggressive in real life.  

Paul handled the situations great,   He knows the whole story.   I am still not  fully satisfied, but the way he handled it was great.  So it was acceptable solution.

Remember. The truth is somewhere in the middle.   

Good job Paul .    Check out my families Youtube channel. 

CGC Feel free to close or delete this thread . 

Due to members that have no idea of what happened posting useless solutions based off not even being involved with this submission.

I will continue to belittle these people with no idea what they are talking about.  

Edited by alohaboyz