• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

CGC has blacklisted before

Thats good to know. I personally just cant tolerate abusive customers and tell them to walk if they cant be reasonable. I cant imagine how this guy was on the phone with them lol. All that aggravation over Pokeman cards. Unbelievable. I cant imagine how this dude would react if something serious went down in his life.

And again, if this guy has a condition that he cant control, I apologize, but at the same time its not ok to be treating a business or any human being like that. And if he had a condition, at least tell us something is going on since if not we just have to assume your kind of nuts and a bad person.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Thats good to know. I personally just cant tolerate abusive customers and tell them to walk if they cant be reasonable. I cant imagine how this guy was on the phone with them lol. All that aggravation over Pokeman cards. Unbelievable. I cant imagine how this dude would react if something serious went down in his life.

And again, if this guy has a condition that he cant control, I apologize, but at the same time its not ok to be treating a business or any human being like that. And if he had a condition, at least tell us something is going on since if not we just have to assume your kind of nuts and a bad person.

Feel free to ask who i talked to on the phone and how i talked.   You all here have no clue of the complete submission story.   So you get talked to the same way you post,  Clueless.

Yup, i am aggressive in real life.  Treat everyone accordingly.     

1 hour ago, Roger66 said:

I hear you but sometimes we must ignore the ranters, ravers, finger-pointers, aggravators, distractors and inane posturers online.  Prior to the internet people sat down and wrote their grievances on paper, which often (but not always) lead to more personal consultation, insight, contemplation and consideration by the author, who wrote to a much smaller audience too.  Nowadays just about anyone can spew any form of grievance, hatred, bigotry, stupidity and self-loathing they want by simply clicking their mouse and tapping away on their keyboard.  We choose who to ignore and we choose whom to reply to online.  In the end this is all meaningless chatter, which is like grains of sand on an endless and isolated windswept beach. My 2-cents. :preach:

prior to the internet, people talked to each other face to face.  That is why everything was settled correctly.   No peanut gallery remarks or  flexing.   It just got settled because that was the right thing to do.  

15 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

prior to the internet, people talked to each other face to face.  That is why everything was settled correctly.   No peanut gallery remarks or  flexing.   It just got settled because that was the right thing to do.  

You might legitimately think you have a grievance.  My opinion is you resolve said grievance privately with the alleged party, who caused you harm or offense.  Airing your dirty laundry so to speak and doing it in a haphazard fashion on a public forum will typically invite scorn, ridicule, jokes and mocking.  I am not sure how much advanced thought you put into this posting but there are much better avenues and forms of redress then what you did here.  I mean no offense esp. to a stranger.  I just think more forethought and mindfulness would have better assisted you to the ends you hoped to achieve.  IMO CGC is a standout and incredibly professional honest business.   I see no personal animus between them and anyone who submits items for grading.  You are taking a huge leap of faith if not making a bold unfounded assumption by connecting dots that are in fact likely unconnectable. Again my 2-cents. :preach:

3 minutes ago, Roger66 said:

You might legitimately think you have a grievance.  My opinion is you resolve said grievance privately with the alleged party, who caused you harm or offense.  Airing your dirty laundry so to speak and doing it in a haphazard fashion on a public forum will typically invite scorn, ridicule, jokes and mocking.  I am not sure how much advanced thought you put into this posting but there are much better avenues and forms of redress then what you did here.  I mean no offense esp. to a stranger.  I just think more forethought and mindfulness would have better assisted you to the ends you hoped to achieve.  IMO CGC is a standout and incredibly professional honest business.   I see no personal animus between them and anyone who submits items for grading.  You are taking a huge leap of faith if not making a bold unfounded assumption by connecting dots that are in fact likely unconnectable. Again my 2-cents. :preach:

you are 99% correct.   But if you been following my posts (other posts) .  This submission problem has been going on for a couple of months.   The 1% might be this situation.  No movement had been made thru email or phone prior to my posting this week.   The problem has been solved.  It may have been miscommunication within CGC from CS or email.  The holiday season may have effected my email communication during the holiday seasons.  I know that was on reason the lady who first got my emails never followed thru., she was on "vacation" possibly.

Paul handled the situation great.   I should just contact him directly next time.   

You have a valid opinion for what you know actually happen and trying to fill in the empty parts of the problem.  

No problem.  

This is hilarious.  OP posts to person_without_enough_empathy, fine who cares, but then tells other people that talk mess to him person_without_enough_empathying that they "dOnt kNOw tHe wHoLE stORy."   Why post lmao 

"Paul handled the situation great.   I should just contact him directly next time."  sounds like a plan champ.

12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I agree.  You would think that we were talking about a pair of AF15's being graded or something.

As I read through this I was thinking the same thing. 

Title should read. 

Tales from the Dylanverse part Deuce: Pokemons Revenge. 20200914_193100.jpg.e3ac2cd4955c5557d495fc2ecfebe6ca.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Is it Friday yet?

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

No one has a problem with you claiming the grading was inconsistent. That very well might be the case. CGC has been doing this less than a year and grading is done by people so it’s not an exact science. People have a problem with you alleging “revenge grading” because it implies that CGC intentionally and unethically punished you with lower grades because you had been asking them about your delayed submission. Accusations against CGC’s integrity were uncalled for. We all understand you were upset that the submission was delayed and your anger was exacerbated by your disappointment with the grades. But accusing CGC of intentionally hurting you is a bridge too far. 

Yeah thats what I been trying to say but unless u agree with this dude that his behavior is ok, then he doesnt listen. My issue with him is his irrational behavior. These bogus conspiracy theories are so cringy and so immature that its just painful to read.

I also found that dudes youtube channel just by searching cgc pokemon and looking for the time stamp. Not going to share it but I have no clue why the guy was so afraid of sharing it. Its just his wife or kids showing the cards and barely saying anything. Comments are also disabled, so yea...not seeing what hes even talking about them being "pro cgc" when there isnt much being said or really any content in the first place.

Lastly, going over his grades, I dont see what the big deals are since most of them are over 9s minus a few of them. Second, those cards arent that rare. Most of what was graded was mass produced and are easy to get if you live in Japan or can export from there. Outside of the mewtwos, pikachus and the starters, its not really worth grading most of it. Also this dude graded a common japanese WATER ENERGY, a COMMON PIKACHU FROM HIDDEN FATES, like come on. At that point I feel zero sympathy when your grading junk.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

So while Paul S. and the CGC PR team and whomever else scramble to appease 1 primadonna, return times and prices continue to go up. 

Shut this dude down and get back to being focused on providing consistent, quality and affordable grading to the rest of the community that have supported CGC since day one.