• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

Just as I thought this saga was coming to a close it gets even spicier. This thread is so good I started reading it yesterday at work and had to save it until today. I'm holding back tears right now bravo everyone.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:06 AM, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah thats what I been trying to say but unless u agree with this dude that his behavior is ok, then he doesnt listen. My issue with him is his irrational behavior. These bogus conspiracy theories are so cringy and so immature that its just painful to read.

I also found that dudes youtube channel just by searching cgc pokemon and looking for the time stamp. Not going to share it but I have no clue why the guy was so afraid of sharing it. Its just his wife or kids showing the cards and barely saying anything. Comments are also disabled, so yea...not seeing what hes even talking about them being "pro cgc" when there isnt much being said or really any content in the first place.

Lastly, going over his grades, I dont see what the big deals are since most of them are over 9s minus a few of them. Second, those cards arent that rare. Most of what was graded was mass produced and are easy to get if you live in Japan or can export from there. Outside of the mewtwos, pikachus and the starters, its not really worth grading most of it. Also this dude graded a common japanese WATER ENERGY, a COMMON PIKACHU FROM HIDDEN FATES, like come on. At that point I feel zero sympathy when your grading junk.

you have no clue.     Look at the bottom corners,  Now go find some on ebay.    LOL   

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.17-16_14_54.png

On 2/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I charge $1 to grade your books. I will call you and, once you estransfer me $1, I will look at pictures on my phone of your book, yell a grade at you and then hang up. 

You can record the grade for playback purposes when trying to sell. 

But is your grading consistent and free of revenge?  hm

17 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

you have no clue.     Look at the bottom corners,  Now go find some on ebay.    LOL   

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.17-16_14_54.png

Its a freaking water energy. And its not even holo. I dont feel bad that you graded such a dumb card. If I was a grader, Id give you a 1 just for wasting my time.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

On 2/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, alohaboyz said:

prior to the internet, people talked to each other face to face.  That is why everything was settled correctly.   No peanut gallery remarks or  flexing.   It just got settled because that was the right thing to do.  

I gotta be honest.  I am the peanut gallery in person as well. 

On 2/12/2021 at 11:59 AM, Transplant said:

I look forward to the OP becoming a longtime, contributing and valued boardmember.  There's some real potential here. 

Aloha-Topia ?

I'm still waiting to find that pristine Action Comics #1 in a cedar chest hidden in the attic long forgotten by the original owner who purchased it brand new from the local five and dime then immediately put it up for safe keeping.  

On 2/11/2021 at 11:28 AM, alohaboyz said:

This is different. This is grading cards. There are variables involved and nothing is perfect.  Well this is perfect Zero above 9.  compared to 9 other submissions.  There is not button pushing were i sent 4 cards and expected 50 back.    Everyone makes mistakes, and CGC is part of that everyone.   Explain why was the submission months late? is that my fault for sending a submission in OCT ?  Was it my fault that the other 9 submissions were sent back in time?  Many are not looking at consistency and obvious red flags.  This one submission was missing cards/switched, late, etc.

please look at the obvious . The dates., is that my fault for sending cards exactly as received by CGC and documented?  i have no control of what is going on once in CGC hands.   I think CGC need to check the order.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-08_20_03 xxxxx.png

It seems the most likely scenario here is that yes, they probably misplaced your order initially, and if I were to guess, when the USPS delivered them (or whomever), the order in question got delivered late, so it didn't go with the rest, or some other simple mixup like it got put in the wrong pile or something. But, none of that matters, its a simple delay, who cares. 

Regarding the grades, again, the most likely scenario isn't spite, but probably was given to a new hire. If I were CGC, the new graders would have to start with bulk cards, and once they get experience, handle the more expensive ones. Recently they've probably added a lot of new graders in order to keep up with demand, and like anyone thats new to a job like this, was a little bit too harsh when it came to grading, and could've even dinged up some of the cards because they were nervous or something, knocking them off their desk or whatever. 

I don't know the exact reason, and all of this is speculation, but my point is, it's likely not because you complained or made a stink, but because of someone new grading the order with different standards than the rest. And it sucks. The entire industry is absurd because they're under the impression that its somewhat subjective, when in fact it isn't (or shouldn't be). Most times, 9.5's are actually 10's, but they just don't want to give 10's out, for whatever reason, like maybe they have the same card in a 10 and don't want others to have one as well. This is because there's no accountability when it comes to the grade. They don't have to point out the exact spots on the card that caused it to lose points. Sub grades only give a little bit of info to help, but ultimately sometimes theres just no way to know why points were lost. It could've been the grader woke up with a hangover, or got cut off in traffic on the way to work, got lettuce on a sandwich and they hate lettuce, literally anything, and there isn't anything you can do about it when they take it out on your grades. It's why you can break a card out of a sealed case, resubmit it, and it get a whole different grade entirely, even by the exact same grader. 

It's just the risk you take when you get anything graded. And you've got to remember nothing you say or do is going to make them give a damn, because again, theres no accountability, its not going to effect their bottom line or make them lose business, and your best bet is to just let it go, no matter how much it sucks. 

So, I mean, you do understand in order to be revenge graded you first have to be an absolute a-hole right? Lol. Either the cards weren’t in as great a condition as you believed them to be or you were just a complete jerk to someone so badly that they said “you know what, I’m going to dock him 0.5 points on every card this order because that’ll show him MUAHAHAHA!”

Either way I’m just cracking up at this thread lol