• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea if this SPIDER-MAN DOC OCK art was used?

8 posts in this topic

I found one on one of my collectibles2D689E06-21C7-442B-B9A0-A854B2895EB7.thumb.jpeg.da9d983c34452dd9ff0d96e6e8fe4cdf.jpeg

It’s a lunchbox. The others look familiar, too. I’d bet they are on other 80s-90s Marvel Super Heroes line collectibles. I don’t have a thermos in this one, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the other top Spidey image was on the thermos.

I’d also add it’s a pretty collectible toy line, so hold onto that art, buddy. :bigsmile:

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board

31 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Not necessarily. I recognize at least three of those images as possible homages. The one on the lunchbox looks like an homage of ASM 68

You know, Bill might be right. I think the inking is different, and I missed it with the image similarities. Good call, Bill. 

3 hours ago, Latverian Tourism Board said:

I found one on one of my collectibles2D689E06-21C7-442B-B9A0-A854B2895EB7.thumb.jpeg.da9d983c34452dd9ff0d96e6e8fe4cdf.jpeg

It’s a lunchbox. The others look familiar, too. I’d bet they are on other 80s-90s Marvel Super Heroes line collectibles. I don’t have a thermos in this one, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the other top Spidey image was on the thermos.

I’d also add it’s a pretty collectible toy line, so hold onto that art, buddy. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the feedback but the Spidey I have looks a lot finer and streamlined then your lunch box. I will hold onto it, I love all of the images.

I can't find these images specifically, but the upper right image is a take on the Amazing Spider-Man 68 cover.

The Amazing Spider-Man #68 Crisis On Campus! (Jan 1969, Marvel) | #538283669

The lower right image is a take on the Amazing Spider-Man #3 panel where Dr. Ock beats up Spider-Man.  Not an exact match, but very close, including Dr. Ock's fist pump.

image.thumb.png.2ab59d2ef44c828ba20dc723c61059e5.png

I didn't see the others.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Spider-Variant said:

I can't find these images specifically, but the upper right image is a take on the Amazing Spider-Man 68 cover.

The Amazing Spider-Man #68 Crisis On Campus! (Jan 1969, Marvel) | #538283669

The lower right image is a take on the Amazing Spider-Man #3 panel where Dr. Ock beats up Spider-Man.  Not an exact match, but very close, including Dr. Ock's fist pump.

image.thumb.png.2ab59d2ef44c828ba20dc723c61059e5.png

I didn't see the others.

Very cool. Thanks for the information.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, INKREDIBLE BULK said:

Thanks for the feedback but the Spidey I have looks a lot finer and streamlined then your lunch box. I will hold onto it, I love all of the images.

They look like different pieces.  The OA is clearly an ASM 68 cover homage completely redrawn while the one on the lunchbox looks like a stat from the cover with added inks on top of the original image.