• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM DD#4
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Bottom right corner of front cover is water stain that goes in almost half the book (before centerfold). Does not enter story panels. Right side edge at center of front cover is printer's crease not torn. Also, 2 undetermined production flaw or old owner scissor cuts on 2 pages. Does not affect story panels. One on centerfold , other on last page (add page). Back cover top edge at center is printer's crease, not torn. Book has off white/ white pages, no detachments. No spine splits. Thank you.

Screenshot_20210206-084417_eBay.jpg

IMG_20210210_133835.jpg

IMG_20210210_133856.jpg

IMG_20210210_143622.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-084425_eBay.jpg

Edited by The Man Without Beer

47 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

It's a difficult one imo because the covers look pretty good and no splits/tears/detachments etc. That's why I PGM'd it. Not sure of definition mild to moderate interior tears under 3.0/4.0 in Overstreet. Would it be wishful thinking if it ever was cleaned and pressed to reach a 4.0?

I dont think that's out of the question. Even with those flaws it's a pretty nice book.

52 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

It's a difficult one imo because the covers look pretty good and no splits/tears/detachments etc. That's why I PGM'd it. Not sure of definition mild to moderate interior tears under 3.0/4.0 in Overstreet. Would it be wishful thinking if it ever was cleaned and pressed to reach a 4.0?

Tough book to grade due to the major defect(s) are the interior pages. The reason I went with 3.0 is the cut pages are greater than 4 inches in length and usually if that was on the cover(s), the 3.0 is what I would assign as a grade for the book...i may be too harsh...wouldn't be the first time..haha...i hope you can get a 4.0

I am intrigued by this. Will it come back blue with the defect of cut pages (appears that way to me, because of jaggedness of edges that someone cut it at some point) or will it come back purple? It shouldn't be purple because it does not appear that was done with the attempt to restore the condition of the book....

I am also at 3.5-4.0. If the cuts were not there on those pages, I could see 4.5-5.0 on it