• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

I vote Stubby Clapp for #2 ^^

5 hours ago, seanfingh said:

@Buzzetta

It's not about appreciation, it's about the zero sum game.  CAL constantly pushes the envelope but never comes through at the end.  Who promoted paid subscriptions for the Boards - CAL. Who threatened more permanent FDQ exits than anyone - CAL Who has lost their mind when someone else talks about fading their football picks - CAL  Who stacks up their meritocracy points by referencing "trophies from poker?" CAL.  Still waiting for the big payoff.  

Calm down hillbilly. I'll have a six pack of Stroh's iced up in the trunk of my rotted out 69 Plymouth for Wizard Chicago if it happens. And I never wipe off the lids.

I want to see Chicago one day.  Closest I got was almost booking a trip to go see the Grateful Dead with Trey Anastasio back in 2015 and then this one time the Yankees were playing the Cubs at Wrigley... 

One day... but I want to go to Wrigley. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Cal is not even number 1.  Mitch... you 'really' want answers to this?   I mean... sit down and ask yourself if you really want answers to this?

He officially became #1 member of the hall of fame CGC boards on post #1 of this thread in the Lord's year 2021. We cannot change history...please remember the mantra...."who controls the past controls the future and who controls the present controls the past" this unfortunately is our controlling narrative for CGC board history...especially today.  We cannot "Buzz", rewrite history unless of course you in possession of absolute truth with  all the written records and human memories , in which case you control the past.

Edited by Mmehdy

35 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

He officially became #1 member of the hall of fame CGC boards on post #1 of this thread in the Lord's year 2021. We cannot change history...please remember the mantra...."who controls the past controls the future and who controls the present controls the past" this unfortunately is our controlling narrative for CGC board history...especially today.  We cannot "Buzz", rewrite history unless of course you in possession of absolute truth with  all the written records and human memories , in which case you control the past.

If this is the case. What is written first goes. Then that would mean the next several nominees were/ Officially written in names have already been cast. They would be .

2. Ian Lavigne 

3. MasterChief

4. G.A.tor

5. sfcityduck

6. Buzzetta 

7. revat

8. valliantman

9. thedude 

10. Cpt Kirk

11. Greggy ( is a dork) 

12. jsilverjanet

13- ???? " The entire Probation List" 

♤. Dupcak

♧. Hammer

◇. Comic Keys

☆. Robojo

♡. Thomas and Elizabeth Neeley.

and all that just from the first page... 

but hey can't change the past.

It is written! 

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Synonym Rolls , Like Grammar Used to Make.

8 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I do not think it is issues or that Cal acutally has issues, merely the way he communicates. Once you understand  CAL, then you get it. Lets take his selection of IM/SB1...it is pure genius. You get two #1's for the price of admission, plus it was a one shot issue  which was UNIQUE. Rather than have this issue be forgottern Cal has ingrained in our collective comic book CGC board mind, that there is real value on that issue. I bought that issue off the newstands and thinking how cool it was." Buzz" I disagree Cal us a survivor, a true comc book collector, who not only partisipates on these boards, but does so in a uniquie style for anybody else. With 10 K in posts, Poetry in motion Cal speak*, and the interest he generates, my choice was no brainer to our Hall of Fame. It is time to induct a second member...who amoung you will take up this challenge...and name number TWO......

*Footnote: "Calspeak": I am hoping someone will name me number 6...for" I am a free man and not a number"

My IMSM collecting was the MOST fun I ever had in my life. NO ONE has traded that one particular Silver Age Issue as much as I have.

And I STILL buy/sell/trade and even give them away. I give them away for those BONUS/PROMO sets when buyers win a certain amount of auctions.

Well-documented through PayPal archives how little I paid for them in 2000 - 2005 and the market reflects the increases due to low supply.

The high grades are mostly gone now, sitting in Collections, mostly back East.

CAL still the KING of IMSM and still has a lot left!!!

7 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Let's do the vote on which banned members should be allowed back.

Ive heard this is 50k of Stu shills and about 4 actual people 

Don't ever bring Stu back. he is nothing but trouble and must have SERIOUS problems if he has to stalk/troll someone for NINETEEN YEARS!!!

CAL actually did some Law Enforcement back in the day....

Oh yeah.  This thread seems like a great idea.  I hereby encourage people to open the floor for debate on inclusion of Cal and Mitch in . . . .  something.  Seriously,  I think since the issue was raised on Cal's merits, we can only expect a reasonable rebuttal.  @seanfingh got the ball rolling but there's so much more.  Some have linked to the mmehdy posts as evidence of . . . .  something.  Therefore, please do all bring the noise on the merits and (avalanche of) demerits to mmehdy in general.  I will monitor, maybe, and jump in, maybe, to facilitate.  

If you've been here less than 10 years, I strongly encourage not jumping on the jocks of either of these clowns without a whole lot of research first.  I give a waiver to noob @seanfingheven though he only joined in 2015.  

Edited by Transplant

1 hour ago, Calamerica said:

Don't ever bring Stu back. he is nothing but trouble and must have SERIOUS problems if he has to stalk/troll someone for NINETEEN YEARS!!!

CAL actually did some Law Enforcement back in the day....

I was thinking more along the lines of non HOS members, not Stu or real troublemakers. 

Fact is, as much as I try, I can't find a banned member list. Just a lot of people who don't post anymore 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I want to see Chicago one day.  Closest I got was almost booking a trip to go see the Grateful Dead with Trey Anastasio back in 2015 and then this one time the Yankees were playing the Cubs at Wrigley... 

One day... but I want to go to Wrigley. 

Bleachers?

As with much of my observation of a Mitch thread over the years, this thread is as if drugs were doing drugs.

Edited by Buzzetta