• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

What is going on with Overstreet Advisor positions? I keep hearing this about people who definitely should not be. :facepalm:

To be fair, I am guessing that Dylan and Musclethreat were advisors before they outed themselves as lunatics.

Although I believe there are some known dubious Overstreet Advisors.

2 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

There's more?

Yes.  Park beat me to it.  I am sure at this point more will end up crawling out to reveal themselves.  :facepalm:

Just now, Park said:

To be fair, I am guessing that Dylan and Musclethreat were advisors before they outed themselves as lunatics.

Although I believe there are some known dubious Overstreet Advisors.

35 minutes ago, Prince Namor said:

First of all. Don't call it a 'Hall of Fame'. It's become a tacky title.

Secondly, make it a thread that can only be a) accessed by a mod to put someone in and b) emoji'd by the rest of us. We can call it the CGC Honor Thread.

Third, it should be reserved for people of the utmost respect. And that's a small percentage of people here. Nik was before my time, but I've never heard even a bad WHISPER about the guy, and Howard was about the nicest, most well liked, helpful, knowledgeable about his specialty person he could be. 

I say... nominate these two and have a vote poll - you have to have at least 10,000 posts to vote - and as long as they both get over 85% of yes (they will), then they become the first two enshrined. Once they have received the votes needed, someone (or two or three) who was close to them can write a post about the person and why they are being honored as such. 

There it can remain for all to see. For as long as we're here.

We remember the sh*t birds, it'd be nice to remember the good guys as well. 

A memoriam in other words?

On 2/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Mmehdy said:

I agree put him on probation, or" double secret probation" but maybe he has mellowed a bit now that he has gotten older and has "real purpose" in life, no longer being a E-Bay seller living from sale to sale and having his income devastated by family medical bills and E-bay store attacks. His new project is to create a Comic book fandom history movie, his archives are simply put amazing because he knew where to look and get before they were destroyed ....I hope and pray, that if he is unable to create this project that the archives will be retained and given to a major museum. The stuff I have seen and talked about are irreplaceable. Lets hope this gets done as it is a win-win for everyone true comic book collector.

You have to REALLY work hard to be banned here, much harder than you would have to work to be on double secret probation. This is not the  movie,  "Animal House".

On 2/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, HotKey said:

I haven't been here long but I agree that permanent banning users on forums designed to communicate and share information with no clearly defined "path to redemption" seems heavy handed and not in the spirit of good debate among opposing views who may disagree.

I'll second it if I can.

You might want to google and read the threads first. It had nothing to do with views. Part of it was his asking people to buy his items because he needed help and then he didn't send the items, which as I recall he priced at top $$, so it was not like they were trying to buy things at a discount, they were just helping. I have a friend who sent money multiple times and never got a thing.

There was other stuff as well.

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You have to REALLY work hard to be banned here, much harder than you would have to work to be on double secret probation. This is not the  movie,  "Animal House".

unnamed.jpg

Anyone who has ever listened to "Howard" knows that he considers certain guests and callers to be part of the 'whack pack."

While the rest of you are trying to figure out who belongs in a Hall of Shame, @jaybuck43 have been wondering which one of y'all are Eric, Beetlejuice, and High Pitch... especially High Pitch... 

Who's High Pitch? 

3 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Double secret probation.....the key to redemption.

Recent CGC Mods meeting discussing 'Delta' which is their codeword for Board undesirables.

Just now, skypinkblu said:

I will do that, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He's not able to get phone calls yet, so I have to wait for him to call. Last week he could hardly speak and I was very worried about him,  but I spoke to him last night and although he's still on intravenous antibiotics, he's doing a bit better...so all thoughts and prayers are welcome.

That is good news.

I'm not religious but he is in my thoughts, and my own prayers.

26 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

There are many people who I think deserve recognition on this board, but you don't have to scour the ranks of banned members to find them. Nik was a hero, he did so much for the board, between his grading contests, standing up to the bad guys,  his wit and something else people might not even know, because he didn't brag. He reached out to new people to help them find their way here. I know about that, because he helped me.

LarryW7, is  a hero. He's been a member since the beginning and if you remember, Larry had a heart transplant about 7 years ago. He was not well before that, but he never complained, never lost his temper, his funds were always limited because of his health, but he helped EVERYTIME someone else needed help. When Nik passed away, Larry donated a Mile High, quietly.

Larry adores comics and has taught me more than I can count. He knows history, reads all his comic books, loves them so much he opens every slab to read the books, he  can tell you all about the background of most characters, dealers, publishers, he should be a historian...his health unfortunately has been fragile, but he never mentions it, NEVER complains, never asked for help, never had sales where he didn't send things.

Larry is in the hospital right now. He's been very ill with an infection. He's recovering :wishluck:, but he's been there for more than a week. He'll probably be embarrassed that I wrote anything, he's not a self cheerleader...but he's a comic book hero in my book.

All well said.  Nik was definitely a great person and is sorely missed.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Or you know, just hit the button on your own posts

3 minutes ago, Prince Namor said:

There are people here who could tell you questionable stories about Overstreet himself. 

I am sure. Especially the more I keep seeing who they choose , not only be advisors , but representatives and ambassadors of their brand currently.