• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

Absolutely manic, mate. Have not seen this level of business in ten years.  A real shame that it took 28 Days Later to achieve it but we're one of the few businesses to have benefitted.

How are things at your end?

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

:hi:

How’s the current market treating ya?

3 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Absolutely manic, mate. Have not seen this level of business in ten years.  A real shame that it took 28 Days Later to achieve it but we're one of the few businesses to have benefitted.

Well, there's a long lost boardie resurfacing.  It's been quite a while since you held your epic sales on here.  I guess Comicana is keeping you busy.  :hi:

23 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:
6 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I miss F_T @Flaming_Telepath

One of my all-time fave members here.

"He's behind you!"

***Archaic English panto reference***

:hi:

One of the best on these boards no doubt.

36 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Keepin on keepin on :headbang:

Welcome back to the boards :foryou:

On 2/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, seanfingh said:

Dude - he is not talking about the Gerber photo journals guy - he is talking about Eggsackley from the Boards.  This is why people don't give monkeys hand grenades. 

Yup.

Not really on form this week.  Completely missed that, and thanks for pointing it out.

It's surprising how often that gets confused here; Howard Greber, not Gerber.

On 2/17/2021 at 2:25 PM, comicginger1789 said:

@Get Marwood & I gets a nomination from me. Has given me lots of insight, lovely person to chat with and read posts anytime he does so. I can tell he is a passionate collector and a solid person!

Great suggestion.  Apart from his hatred of John Byrne :baiting:, pretty much the ideal comics geek boardie. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

9 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Great suggestion.  Apart from his hatred of John Byrne :baiting:, pretty much the ideal comics geek boardie. 

I rest my case of hatred on the floor....

1288977213_AmazingSpider-Man13Jan20002_29.thumb.jpg.5c75cfbf7b88058a560cba1bcac22209.jpg

On 2/17/2021 at 11:15 PM, skypinkblu said:

LarryW7, is  a hero. He's been a member since the beginning and if you remember, Larry had a heart transplant about 7 years ago. He was not well before that, but he never complained, never lost his temper, his funds were always limited because of his health, but he helped EVERYTIME someone else needed help. When Nik passed away, Larry donated a Mile High, quietly.

Larry adores comics and has taught me more than I can count. He knows history, reads all his comic books, loves them so much he opens every slab to read the books, he  can tell you all about the background of most characters, dealers, publishers, he should be a historian...his health unfortunately has been fragile, but he never mentions it, NEVER complains, never asked for help, never had sales where he didn't send things.

Larry is in the hospital right now. He's been very ill with an infection. He's recovering :wishluck:, but he's been there for more than a week. He'll probably be embarrassed that I wrote anything, he's not a self cheerleader...but he's a comic book hero in my book.

Absolutely.  A brilliant suggestion, Sharon.

One of my favourite boardies.  One of the nicest, most knowledgable comic geeks this board has ever had.

And, I didn't know he was in hospital.  I knew about his transplant, and that was always a concern.

Get well, Larry. :wishluck:

13 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I rest my case of hatred on the floor....

1288977213_AmazingSpider-Man13Jan20002_29.thumb.jpg.5c75cfbf7b88058a560cba1bcac22209.jpg

I deserved it.  I knew you'd post it again. lol