• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New To Grading My Comics

6 posts in this topic

You should provide more information if you'd like to get some answers or advice to help with your question. There are a lot of people on here that share useful and relevant information but you need to give them something to work with. I'm not one of those people; my knowledge about grading is very limited.

Are you planning on having your entire collection graded? Just a few books? Are you selling them? Putting them on display?

Your question is akin to me asking if I should put on a jacket before I go outside on Thursday.

Im thinking probably. 

Get more money into the economy 

People being snarky aside, I think it is "worth it" if you can reasonably expect the value of your comic after grading to be increased by more than what it cost you to have it graded/shipped.  You can get a pretty good idea of what the values of graded comics are from a number of sources.  

It might also be worth it to you personally if you have comics that you just want to be protected/be shown off in a nice display case and the cost isn't really an issue.  

Seems like those are the main possibilities.  

On 2/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, AAAIIC said:

Is it worth having my comics graded?

Yes if you want to sell your comic and it falls under one of the three following situations:

- Your comic is a high grade candidate (so 9.4, 9.6, 9.8 depending the era)

- Your comic has a nastly flaw that would make it hard to sell raw (like a split spine, coffee stains or tape)

- It's a very expensive comic where 0.5-1.0 difference in grade can mean a lot of money