• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Yes...what exactly has led you to believe that I wasn't?

Was it because Lee opened this fraudulent BS claim after I hurt his feelings by calling him a hypocrite in our PM's yesterday? 

We all want to hear you say it, the fast that you haven't is why you are being asked.

I do not find this BS at all. You are free riding with my money, while admitting you can pay me back, but are choosing "not to jump through hoops" to send me a simple payment owned. This is against the law in other circles of trade, so calling it BS is far from true. Tell me you'll send a check on 2/20, and I will sit back and await it. I would not wish to engage in this conversation further unless it is deemed needed to determine something. I am going to Valentines Dinner now, and will be back tonight to see if resolution has been found. I sure hope so. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

The whole thread worth of you stating you will do something and then not?

My God man, issue the refund via PP, end this and move on. He has said he's willing to take the refund in anyway that makes him whole, PP is instant. There isn't a faster way to make this end and yet it seems that you are revelling in this. The ball is in your court and you have all the power to end it....

Yeeeaaahhh, guess I'm on a bit of the defensive here, since I was the one nominated.  And maybe it feels like instantly refunding him "because he caused such a stir" is a little bit like rewarding a child's tantrum...

1 minute ago, Polonsky said:

I do not get my feelings hurt easily, and they still have not been. I am appalled and shocked at your words and behavior, but my feelings are very much in tact. I do again believe Top City comics should be on PL, based on his admitting to free riding my money. He was supposed to pay by 2/20, not on 2/20 to have a good ride. If this is not grounds for PL, I understand and will not pursue it further unless needed, but if this isn't PL worthy I do believe an adjustment to rules and regulations is needed here. Free riding of any kind should never be tolerated. If dealers are allowed to conduct in such a manner, and then treat clients in this manner, oh boy do I want to be far from that environment.

How exactly am I free-riding your money?  The books you claimed that I purchased with your money while "digging for evidence" on my IG were bought via paypal with a credit card...so where is your proof to such a claim?  And why do you feel entitled to take our personal dealings out in front of the forum when you're the one who didn't respond to me for 8 days?  And didn't give me your address until this week?

2 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Yeeeaaahhh, guess I'm on a bit of the defensive here, since I was the one nominated.  And maybe it feels like instantly refunding him "because he caused such a stir" is a little bit like rewarding a child's tantrum...

Don't see red, see straight. Prolonging and saying things like you just said are damaging you not him. Issue refund and try to get out of here as intact as possible.

9 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I do not get my feelings hurt easily, and they still have not been. I am appalled and shocked at your words and behavior, but my feelings are very much in tact. I do again believe Top City comics should be on PL, based on his admitting to free riding my money. He was supposed to pay by 2/20, not on 2/20 to have a good ride. If this is not grounds for PL, I understand and will not pursue it further unless needed, but if this isn't PL worthy I do believe an adjustment to rules and regulations is needed here. Free riding of any kind should never be tolerated. If dealers are allowed to conduct in such a manner, and then treat clients in this manner, oh boy do I want to be far from that environment.

The rules for the PL aren’t broken. 

The problem - as has been repeatedly explained to you - is the the PL isn’t intended to be permanent, which seems to be what you want. 

It’s to help work towards a resolution and, worse case scenario, serve as a warning to those who choose to pay attention...until a resolution is reached. 

Even if he ends up on the PL list, the minute he gets you your refund he comes off the list. I understand you want something more,  but that’s not how this works. 

Edited by Number 6

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The rules for the PL aren’t broken. 

The problem - as has been repeatedly explained to you - is the the PL isn’t intended to be permanent, which seems to be what you want. 

It’s to help work towards a resolution and, worse case scenario, serve as a warning to those who choose to pay attention...until a resolution is reached. 

Even if he ends up on the PL list, the minute he gets you your refund he comes off the list. I understand you want something more,  but that’s not how this works. 

I understand and that is 100% fine. 

17 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Since the envelope was different, just the paper is pertinent. 

They should be the same. The envelope and letter both had my p.o. box for shipping. I am 99% sure and wish I could say 100%, but do not want to make a fool of myself if wrong. I always write my p.o. box on both, and don't know what other address would be on one.

1 hour ago, Top City Comics said:
1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

So are you going to send a refund? 

Yes...what exactly has led you to believe that I wasn't?

15 hours ago, Top City Comics said:

Actually...I think maybe now that I finally have his actual verified address I'll just go ahead & ship him the books, especially considering the 30-day rule states that he has no formal complaint whatsoever as long as they arrive this week.

24 minutes ago, wombat said:

@Top City Comics Just refund and you can make it all stop. And making statements that doing it before 2/20 is somehow rewarding bad behavior makes you look terrible. You are prolonging the drama at this point and the only thing that is doing is making you look bad. None of the other stuff even matters at this point. 

Fair enough.  Maybe I have let my anger get the best of me a bit...just kinda beyond pissed that he resorted to this...especially before the deadline that he imposed...especially when I answered every single one of his messages in a timely manner...and he did NOT do the same for me...literally only wanting a check for the refund...but refusing to confirm his address...and was already pissed about the threats & insults yesterday...but as I said in the PMs...I'm going to refund him, (and I never led him to believe otherwise) so it's probably best to just put this to bed.

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

I don't think anyone else in here sees this situation as a joke.

Well they aren't the ones nominated for the PL list when they did nothing against the rules...soooooo I don't really care how funny or unfunny anyone else finds this...cause it's my balls on the chopping block here.

My point was that you made my comment look like I was seriously planning on sending him the books he so adamantly DOES NOT WANT when I added a damn devil smiley face at the bottom to make sure everyone knew it was a joke..after I have already stated in our PMs that he posted that I would give him a refund via check like he requested.  You edited my comment to fit your agenda/prove your point, purposefully leaving off the part that made it obvious that it was a joke...and there's no reason for attempting to make this situation worse by stirring up more drama or false narratives.

4 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Well they aren't the ones nominated for the PL list when they did nothing against the rules...soooooo I don't really care how funny or unfunny anyone else finds this...cause it's my balls on the chopping block here.

My point was that you made my comment look like I was seriously planning on sending him the books he so adamantly DOES NOT WANT when I added a damn devil smiley face at the bottom to make sure everyone knew it was a joke..after I have already stated in our PMs that he posted that I would give him a refund via check like he requested.  You edited my comment to fit your agenda/prove your point, purposefully leaving off the part that made it obvious that it was a joke...and there's no reason for attempting to make this situation worse by stirring up more drama or false narratives.

Yes, this is a real problem with certain boardies doing this type of thing lately. I could reel off a list, but don't want to start a war.

Some people have the unpleasant habit of re-editing posts, sometimes hours after the event, to make others look foolish, or as you say to fit an agenda.

It needs to be stamped out, but not sure it can be.

Unfortunately some people's integrity thresholds are very low. 

16 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Yes, this is a real problem with certain boardies doing this type of thing lately. I could reel off a list, but don't want to start a war.

Some people have the unpleasant habit of re-editing posts, sometimes hours after the event, to make others look foolish, or as you say to fit an agenda.

It needs to be stamped out, but not sure it can be.

Unfortunately some people's integrity thresholds are very low. 

This :devil: does not turn a statement like that into a joke.

I doubt if anyone in here thinks this is funny. 

Someone asked him if he was going to send a refund and he asked what exactly had led him to believe that he wasn't.

That statement along with the fact that......you know.......he hasn't sent the frigging refund is an indicator.

I get it....you've been on a soap box lately in here......but you need to take your condescending finger and aim it somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

This :devil: does not turn a statement like that into a joke.

I doubt if anyone in here thinks this is funny. 

Someone asked him if he was going to send a refund and he asked what exactly had led him to believe that he wasn't.

That statement along with the fact that......you know.......he hasn't sent the frigging refund is an indicator.

I get it....you've been on a soap box lately in here......but you need to take your condescending finger and aim it somewhere else.

I was making a generic comment about TCC's comment. I wasn't even aware who he was responding to, it wasn't relevant to my point.

But if the cap fits?....wear it.

And just to be clear my comments were serious, not a joke. Glad you enjoyed them.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

I was making a generic comment about TCC's comment. I wasn't even aware who he was responding to, it wasn't relevant to my point.

But if the cap fits?....wear it.

And just to be clear my comments were serious, not a joke. Glad you enjoyed them.  (thumbsu

Sorry......but I can't take somebody who literally cries and whines in here for weeks at a time serious.

If the pacifier fits......well......you know. (thumbsu