• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

@PolonskyIIRC the 21st was one of the deadlines you mentioned for a refund. Did you receive your refund or did you and the seller agree on something different?

It has not come in yet but I have other packages delayed due to the snow. He said it is on the way.

1 hour ago, Polonsky said:

It has not come in yet but I have other packages delayed due to the snow. He said it is on the way.

What's on the way?

I assume your refund is not in a snow-trapped package??

So after all this you bought the books?

#confused

14 minutes ago, Beige said:

What's on the way?

I assume your refund is not in a snow-trapped package??

So after all this you bought the books?

#confused

No, he is mailing a check. He informed me that he was blocked on the boards for a week, so as long as it arrives by this Friday I don’t mind. I will post here when it arrives, or on Friday if it has not.

18 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

After reading this thread and the "Nominating RICK STARR" thread, I'm trying to decide if I should write a check for my next comic.....or punch myself in the nuts.

So far, the latter is seeming like the smarter choice.

My sales thread terms and conditions offer a 3% discount for either one.  (shrug)

It is with frustration and perplexment that I must add to Lee’s initial thread, and second the nomination for TopCityComics to be placed on Probation.  My reasons stem out of a situation somewhat different from Lee’s, but there are similarities in the patterns of both deals. I think it best to not include in this initial post speculations or insinuations. I do have a 20+ page document which contains all communiques I have had with Adrian (Board PMs, eBay emails, IG chats).  I will simply begin by presenting a timeline of events which has led me to bring this to you, the community.  Details can most certainly be added as the conversation commences. The timeline …

• January 12-19: A conversation began with Adrian via Board PMs about the possibility of doing a trade for 2 books in his last sales thread. He inquired what books I would offer in the trade.  My books were presented, and he expressed interest in two of them.  I had noted the two books from his sales thread in which I was interested.  One of his books was in the midst of being claimed by another buyer.  After more PMs in which he offered a series of other books to make a second book to seal the deal, I agreed to one of them, thus making the deal quite simple: 2 of my books for 2 of his.  He agreed. After an agreed-upon wait time until we started the shipping process, our Board communication picks up on …
  • January 28 - February 19: Another series of PMs that eventually lead to shipping dates: my books sent out on February 4 (with tracking), his books departing February 9 (with tracking). My books arrived at his place on February 16th (I have tracking images captured to prove this), his BOOK (one book) arrived at my place on February 19. I immediately PM him, asking for an explanation. No reply, which he would later say was due to his being banned from the Boards for a specific time period. I contact him via eBay email accessed via his eBay store.  He suggests I contact him via IG, seemingly ignoring my query as to why only 1 book was sent.
  • February 19 – Present: Communication now shifts to IG, where I learn that he accidentally sold the other book. He admits he made a mistake, and initially suggests he will find/ship a replacement copy of the same book/grade/PQ, but also notes he is waiting for it to arrive. Time passes. There is no indication from him of this book arriving, and no time frame for its arrival/shipping out.  In the interest of moving on, I inquire as to whether there might be another book which I would accept as a replacement.  He kindly offers another list.  I reject all but one. He notes that that book would require additional funds to complete the deal.  I say ‘No thank you.’ I revert back to accepting the replacement book option (of the same book he accidentally sold and did not send me initially).  He then informs me that he is waiting for its arrival from the UK, and will try to acquire tracking.  After some time, he implies there is a delay and is uncertain whether that book (and others) will arrive from the UK.  He then suggests we reverse the trade, sending the books/book back to each other.  I posit a refund option for the one extra book of mine he has.  He is not comfortable with this, and again insists we execute the reverse trade option.  I inform him I do not desire to return the one book I had honestly claimed in the trade, and suggest one more time to come up with a list of PCH books which would meet the value of the extra book he has in his possession.  At that point, I felt I had waited more than reasonable time to finish this deal, and decided to bring it here to the community.

I hate that we are back here when I had hoped this was over. 

It is Friday and I still do not have the refund check. Adrian reached out to me the night of 2/19 to apologize to me, and ask for my address again. I accepted his apology, and hoped this was all winding down. I did not like it took him 5 days after the events on the thread to reach out for my address the night before it was due, but for the love of cannolis I just wanted this to be over even if it meant waiting more time. He also should have had the address in our PMs which was sent long before. 

I reached out to Adrian on IG yesterday at 5 PM to ask when he had mailed the check. I know some mail has been delayed, and wanted to verify it was on the way since it was still not in. He still has not answered me as of now, despite being on IG many multiple times since I sent my message.

Three people have reached out to me over the past week to convey similar issues they were currently experiencing with Adrian. All were unsure what to do. That is four people I know of, and think there could be others. Over the past few days, it does appear two are on their way to finishing their deals, but @BuscemasAvengers has had the worst experience it seems, and is still deep in it, and like myself has been since January. 

I would like to nominate @Top City Comics to probation, until @BuscemasAvengers, myself, and any others currently in an issue and would like to post, are made hole.

26 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

After this new account, not only has Lee been vindicated but it's escalated to the point where Adrian has lost all credibility and there needs to be some reckoning from the boards. Shameful behavior. To all those that doubted Lee's story, I hope you now feel otherwise given Tim's experience.

I’ve had two other board members reach out to me to ask if I know top city as they too, are having problems. So seems to not be 1 or 2 but multiple issues. Clearly a bad pattern emerging.