• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I hate that we are back here when I had hoped this was over. 

It is Friday and I still do not have the refund check. Adrian reached out to me the night of 2/19 to apologize to me, and ask for my address again. I accepted his apology, and hoped this was all winding down. I did not like it took him 5 days after the events on the thread to reach out for my address the night before it was due, but for the love of cannolis I just wanted this to be over even if it meant waiting more time. He also should have had the address in our PMs which was sent long before. 

I reached out to Adrian on IG yesterday at 5 PM to ask when he had mailed the check. I know some mail has been delayed, and wanted to verify it was on the way since it was still not in. He still has not answered me as of now, despite being on IG many multiple times since I sent my message.

Three people have reached out to me over the past week to convey similar issues they were currently experiencing with Adrian. All were unsure what to do. That is four people I know of, and think there could be others. Over the past few days, it does appear two are on their way to finishing their deals, but @BuscemasAvengers has had the worst experience it seems, and is still deep in it, and like myself has been since January. 

I would like to nominate @Top City Comics to probation, until @BuscemasAvengers, myself, and any others currently in an issue and would like to post, are made hole.

I think 2 of the folks are on your list that reached out to me. 

20 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This is getting ugly, the 2nd situation is even worse than the 1st.  Hopefully everyone gets made whole, but if not...are we seeing a pattern of intentional deceit?  hm

Perceived poor personal/professional management is one thing...deceit?

Edited by Funnybooks

5 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

As always, the purpose of this forum is rectification.  It is not about making enemies. Lee and I desire original deals to be honored. It is what makes this community great, a level of trust.  For Lee and I, reasonable time has been eclipsed.  I cannot speak for those who haven't posted.

neither can i, only that I know 2 folks that reached out to Lee also reached out to me, so I was just confirming Lee's report of more issues from more folks...outside of that, I have no skin in this

6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

neither can i, only that I know 2 folks that reached out to Lee also reached out to me, so I was just confirming Lee's report of more issues from more folks...outside of that, I have no skin in this

Thank you Rick. The uneasy feelings that built up in me over the past 40+ days are feelings I would not wish on anyone involved in a transaction.

I just looked it up and on 2/14 he was issued a suspension for 6 days and 23 hours.

So he should have been back by the end of the 21st. I see that he has visited the forum within the past 24 hours, although I don't see any posts. I can't tell if he was using PMs.

Unfortunately, I think it's time for any one else who has had a problem to come forward so we can see the totality of the issues.

I've done business with Adrian a number of times with me as the seller.

The deals were ultimately always concluded successfully in the end, however he did need some encouragement to get the money across. I always got the impression that he was juggling a lot of balls in the air at the same time, or was a little 'airey-fairy' as we say in the UK.

I'm not making excuses for him, just stating my experience.

He has a few books on ebay that interest me, but they are a tad over priced, but as a result of this thread I would not buy anything off him, because frankly it seems far, far too risky.

It's like he's gone over to the dark side.

Yeah, this is upsetting. 

TopCity has sold here for awhile. I've discussed books with him a few times but nothing materialized.

From my limited interactions with him, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's just in over his head right now.  Trying to manage to many deals and things seem to be falling out from under him.  Bad business practice. 

Regardless, the priority has to be for the wronged parties to be made whole.  I agree probation is warranted, and my hope is he can clean this all up quickly. 

This is really unfortunate. 

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Thank you Rick. I appreciate that. 

4 hours ago, Polonsky said:

It is Friday and I still do not have the refund check. Adrian reached out to me the night of 2/19 to apologize to me, and ask for my address again. I accepted his apology, and hoped this was all winding down. I did not like it took him 5 days after the events on the thread to reach out for my address the night before it was due, but for the love of cannolis I just wanted this to be over even if it meant waiting more time. He also should have had the address in our PMs which was sent long before. 

Good frigging grief. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Good frigging grief. :facepalm:

On 2/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, Domo Arigato said:

After reading this thread and the "Nominating RICK STARR" thread, I'm trying to decide if I should write a check for my next comic.....or punch myself in the nuts.

So far, the latter is seeming like the smarter choice.

Time to start preparing..

BaggyHardtofindAmericanblackvulture-max-1mb.gif.74ffda49148536e198bac74fb2cf7370.gif

6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

3% savings can be significant on some purchases. 

Now think about the current situation with the checks going back and forth. Its very possible this entire situation never happens if they sent the money electronically. And honestly at this point to not take the refund electronically is like kicking yourself in the nuts. Why on earth the buyer would want to prolong this transaction and not immediately get the refund is mind boggling. Plus the refund isn't even a sale. I assume could do F&F. 

1 hour ago, Polonsky said:

He did message me on IG not long ago that he mailed the check out yesterday or the day before.

What are the odds that....somehow....that check gets lost in the mail?

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

Now think about the current situation with the checks going back and forth. Its very possible this entire situation never happens if they sent the money electronically. And honestly at this point to not take the refund electronically is like kicking yourself in the nuts. Why on earth the buyer would want to prolong this transaction and not immediately get the refund is mind boggling. Plus the refund isn't even a sale. I assume could do F&F. 

I am not against using paypal to end this. I dont care about the logistics as long as I receive $1,580 back to be made whole. I just always use checks when I can and gave him many days not thinking it would be an issue. I can rip up the check when it comes and post it. I am open to options to end my issue sooner if possible.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

For the love of comics can we stop with the checks. I honestly don't get it at this point. 

Checks and money orders are sent daily all over the country without incident. Sellers and buyers  may have very specific reasons as to why they prefer these forms of payment and it should not be our place to judge.