• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/usr/topcitycomics?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

How does one actually become a 'vetted member' of the CGC Boards?  I have been around for almost ten years and I didn't know there was a vetting process. 

778180220_ScreenShot2021-02-28at4_08_57PM.thumb.png.267ad46096ba8ee63c0e7bfeefbc4e46.png

Also is this him on Facebook? 

https://www.facebook.com/topcitycomics1/

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

How does one actually become a 'vetted member' of the CGC Boards?  I have been around for almost ten years and I didn't know there was a vetting process. 

778180220_ScreenShot2021-02-28at4_08_57PM.thumb.png.267ad46096ba8ee63c0e7bfeefbc4e46.png

"now its easier to send Top City Comics a message"

hm

I have not followed people off cgc boards (well maybe ebay I guess) to go get'em but this was tempting

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

"now its easier to send Top City Comics a message"

hm

I have not followed people off cgc boards (well maybe ebay I guess) to go get'em but this was tempting

Show em' how Jersey does it !

Hit em with the Hein !  @jaybuck43

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Vetted, fetid...what’s in a word?

I must be ignorant, but how does one get into a twenty thousand dollar debt with Comic Link? What happens if one does not repay said debt or how is one vetted?

I have visions of a great Twilight Zone where the debtor ends up in a Comic Link debtor's prison for the next twenty odd years counting pages and looking for clipped coupons for twelve hours, seven days a week except all of the books are modern. 

8 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I contacted him and he said he'd reply in this thread if we each paid him $50.

He then gave me an address we could send the checks to. :frown:

Well I guess you could tell him the check is in the mail.

Although if that was his response it would be hard for me not to ask the post office what their policy is on sending flaming bags of dog poo are.

On 2/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

He accepted the value I placed on both books in our Board PMs. Yes, he has indicated he's not comfortable paying a refund for a book that was part of a trade.

Given that the reason for you not getting the book is he "accidentally" sold it elsewhere, I'm curious what he got for it, and how it might compare to the valuation you agreed upon.

3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

TCC1.jpg.c58e79e0b0c4d59098ae1d9156fb5ccd.jpg

Yes, he's online and knows what's going on and he's ignoring this discussion.  

It would be reassuring if he came here and posted that he's made mistakes and he's gonna be a standup guy and make sure his customers are happy..

4 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

I must be ignorant, but how does one get into a twenty thousand dollar debt with Comic Link? What happens if one does not repay said debt or how is one vetted?

Well, I can't say about what happens with Comic Link. But once upon a time I was in debt with someone a bit over 20K.  I finally came to the next more and cleared the bottles off the table, and realized I'd lost Boardwalk and Park Place. You guy's believe me don't you? :wishluck:

Edited by DR.X

18 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Well, I can't say about what happens with Comic Link. But once upon a time I was in debt with someone a bit over 20K.  I finally came to the next more and cleared the bottles off the table, and realized I'd lost Boardwalk and Park Place. You guy's believe me don't you? :wishluck:

My start is always the red and yellow sets, something about Marvin Garden on a summer's eve. (shrug)

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

So to sum up... he STILL has not returned the money? 

Summing up,

Polonsky is waiting on a refund check. According to his post on Friday, Top City/Adrian says the check was mailed out 2/24 or 2/25. So if that's true it hopefully arrives in the next day or two.

BuscemasAvengers is waiting on a satisfactory resolution to the missing trade book. That transaction appears to be in limbo.

We're also told from G.A.tor that there may be still other boardies with unresolved transactions with Top City, but so far they have not come forward publicly. 

53 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Summing up,

Polonsky is waiting on a refund check. According to his post on Friday, Top City/Adrian says the check was mailed out 2/24 or 2/25. So if that's true it hopefully arrives in the next day or two.

BuscemasAvengers is waiting on a satisfactory resolution to the missing trade book. That transaction appears to be in limbo.

We're also told from G.A.tor that there may be still other boardies with unresolved transactions with Top City, but so far they have not come forward publicly. 

:popcorn: