• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Polonsky said:

Update from Beautiful New Jersey:

It is a gorgeous day outside, beyond beautiful. If you haven't been outside yet, I highly recommend it.

There was no check at my P.o. box today. I have no comment as to the involvement of Einstein Rosen bridges, as I don't fully understand the physics.

I do understand the physics of paypal, and hope @Top City Comics will be able to paypal me $1,580 today, with the ease and simplicity I have found in my other 99.9% of transactions.

My paypal is: ------------------

Let me preface this by saying that Top City is in the wrong here. It also appears that he has acknowledged his mistakes and attempting to make things right.

I will say that I think the discourse could be better from all sides. I find the above post a little rich given that Polonsky initially sent his payment by check (with the expectation of shipment prior to the check's arrival) and is now talking of the "ease and simplicity" of paypal. We should all remember that Polonsky initially wanted the book shipped quickly so he could flip it to his third party buyer, and then once the third party backed out Polonsky then decided he no longer wanted the book. I think its important to remember here that neither @Top City Comicsnor @Polonsky are 100% blameless. So I find the snide remarks distasteful.

As to @BuscemasAvengers he actually is 100% blameless and I hope he is made whole ASAP. It sounds like things are progressing in the right direction.

My 2c

Edited by Red84
removed paypal address in case Polonsky wants to remove that information later

10 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Let me preface this by saying that Top City is in the wrong here. It also appears that he has acknowledged his mistakes and attempting to make things right.

I will say that I think the discourse could be better from all sides. I find the above post a little rich given that Polonsky initially sent his payment by check (with the expectation of shipment prior to the check's arrival) and is now talking of the "ease and simplicity" of paypal. We should all remember that Polonsky initially wanted the book shipped quickly so he could flip it to his third party buyer, and then once the third party backed out Polonsky then decided he no longer wanted the book. I think its important to remember here that neither @Top City Comicsnor @Polonsky are 100% blameless. So I find the snide remarks distasteful.

As to @BuscemasAvengers he actually is 100% blameless and I hope he is made whole ASAP. It sounds like things are progressing in the right direction.

My 2c

I am just in a great mood today, with the weather and packages arriving and other various factors. I do not mean to be too snide, but I will tone it down moving forward.

I still do admit I was not 100% perfect in my situation, like I believe Tim to be. I do want to point out that I sent payment after my third party canceled, and stayed on board for 12 days while waiting for tracking I continued to think was coming, and poor/ no communication. I do believe this absolves me of backing out due to my third party leaving, but I encourage all who read this to make up their own mind.

6 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I am just in a great mood today, with the weather and packages arriving and other various factors. I do not mean to be too snide, but I will tone it down moving forward.

I still do admit I was not 100% perfect in my situation, like I believe Tim to be. I do want to point out that I sent payment after my third party canceled, and stayed on board for 12 days while waiting for tracking I continued to think was coming, and poor/ no communication. I do believe this absolves me of backing out due to my third party leaving, but I encourage all who read this to make up their own mind.

I don't think there was anything wrong with your post, New Jersey is beautiful.  Seriously though I think I either bought and/or sold to both of you in the past with no issue so will stay out of the fray in general but given the current situation if I was the seller I would have spent the .50 or $1 to add tracking to that check to avoid the back and forth.

We should all remember that Polonsky initially wanted the book shipped quickly so he could flip it to his third party buyer, and then once the third party backed out Polonsky then decided he no longer wanted the book."

This is not entirely accurate if you re-read the beginning of the thread...it does become very convoluted and confusing....

"neither @Top City Comicsnor @Polonsky are 100% blameless."

This is accurate as both parties have acknowledged wrongdoing, but, @Polonsky is clearly the aggrieved member of this dispute

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Let's sure hope so.  I imagine an "I spent your refund money before I even wrote the check" response from TCC would not go over well.

He's admitted to having a cash flow problem so... 

4 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

While I would never want to deal with checks either as a seller or a buyer, what difference does it make to you if others do? Why do you care? It doesn't affect me. I don't care what others do

I've sold many books, usually higher value books ironically, where the buyer prefers to pay via check. It's yet to be an issue. 

7 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

While I would never want to deal with checks either as a seller or a buyer, what difference does it make to you if others do? Why do you care? It doesn't affect me. I don't care what others do

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

I've sold many books, usually higher value books ironically, where the buyer prefers to pay via check. It's yet to be an issue. 

100%

There are reasons that some collectors and buyers prefer checks over electronic payment...we don't all collect/buy books the same way for personal or business reasons...the check was agreed upon as an accepted form of payment and became a non-issue after the fact

40 minutes ago, Red84 said:

So I find the snide remarks distasteful.

I know you mentioned there was blame to both sides, but in fairness, TCC's joking tones earlier in this thread were just as out of place, if not more so.  Given how long the process has taken, I don't think you could really fault Polonsky if his patience is beginning to wear thin and he makes a little wise crack here and there.

27 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

poor/ no communication

I said it before and I'll reiterate it again, this is one of the faults that both sides are guilty of.  Both parties are to blame for the back and forth regarding the address.  TCC knew he was going to need the address to ship on time and should have asked for it.  You knew TCC didn't have your address and should have reached out to provide it.  When I cement a deal, payment and address are the first two things I provide within a day of invoice.

(Side note, I know you cc'd TCC, but given his prior statement that he doesn't "read the boards", perhaps a PM or a reminder via Instagram would be more beneficial.  Otherwise, I can just see him coming back and claiming he didn't see this post until next week.)

20 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I don't think there was anything wrong with your post, New Jersey is beautiful.

I think this right here was the problem with the post.  :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

If it's a trusted seller, I too prefer payment via check.  Books are expensive, I don't like paying another 3% in PayPal fees.  (And yes, I realize the fallacy in believing in a "trusted seller" given the actions we've seen from two recent boardies.)

14 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I looked at his e bay site. He has over 400K in books for sale. :whatev:

and a 9.2 asm 300 I think, which makes this all VERY silly...I eff up on a 9.0 and have a 9.2 here and I toss it in WITHOUT THINKING about it (without mentioning anything even, a nice surprise for screwing the pooch)

I coulda been wrong, don't see it now

Edited by Bird