• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

You must have some big brass ones to act the aggrieved party in all this mess. 

No need to do this from my vantage point. You have been more than patient and as far as I can tell your character and word are above reproach. You are on a long list of board members who I would happily mail a comic to if they told me payment was on the way. 

Thank you very much for your kind words!

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

In the same ballpark... I put some numbers together.   Most of the HOS has the good sense to leave Dodge.  In many cases they leave before they are even nominated.  However, @solarcadet and @Chip Cataldo still float around with Chip "gracing" us with his presence today.   The only issues are that there are a few people that are known to constantly create shills and I suspect a couple of people are still 'around'.   

Then there are the wayward children which are somewhat unknown like @Dad&Son-migration but they came back and reinvented themselves as @Red_Hood

All I know is that it is March... and it is kind of shilly out with a touch of scam. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.32.40 PM.png

RIP TFL 

20 minutes ago, Gman65NJ said:

I’m pretty new to the boards and stumbled on this dumpster fire and just want to add my two cents. Top City is clearly going thru some things and for that I feel bad for him. Based on those who have defended him and have history with him this is out of character. 

But based on everything I’ve read in this thread it would be a a dereliction of duty for the moderators or whoever makes these calls not to put him on probation so people unaware of all this are not potentially subjected to the same. And he shows no remorse which adds insult to injury.

If not knowing any of this I bought from him and had a similar experience and later found this, I’d have serious issues engaging on this site. Let him deal with his issues and come back when he’s in a better place.

I’ve had 100% positive experiences with the many people I’ve bought from here and would hate for that to be risked going forward.

I understand what you are saying, but that is not how this works. Once a person meets the requirements of completing the transaction they are not eligible to be on the probation list. 

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is not how this works. Once a person meets the requirements of completing the transaction they are not eligible to be on the probation list. 

but, did TCC meet the requirements?

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

Thanks. Understanding that, imho it should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did then. The goal posts kept moving. 

16 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

but, did TCC meet the requirements?

I don't think he has on the one transaction. I was assuming the person I was replying to was saying even if he did he should be on the PL list after that as a warning to others. 

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

I don't think he has on the one transaction. I was assuming the person I was replying to was saying even if he did he should be on the PL list after that as a warning to others. 

yes...a different discussion for another day....

13 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Update: he's sending me (via PM) right now pics of secondary books to make up the difference between the value of the slab I selected and the overall value of the missing book. Here's hoping :wishluck:

"Hoping" what?  You picked a $600 book and I've already offered to add the difference of value in cash...and offered various slabs that were worth more than the differential....but you continue to post here about pictures of raws and wanting more options....who's really dragging this out at this point?  Wouldn't cash be the easiest solution?  Why are you turning this down & continuing to act like I'm not attempting to fulfill my end?