• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

"Hoping" what?  You picked a $600 book and I've already offered to add the difference of value in cash...and offered various slabs that were worth more than the differential....but you continue to post here about pictures of raws and wanting more options....who's really dragging this out at this point?  Wouldn't cash be the easiest solution?  Why are you turning this down & continuing to act like I'm not attempting to fulfill my end?

Is there someone in your family that can help you? Clearly, you are handling this in the worst possible way imaginable.

36 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

"Hoping" what?  You picked a $600 book and I've already offered to add the difference of value in cash...and offered various slabs that were worth more than the differential....but you continue to post here about pictures of raws and wanting more options....who's really dragging this out at this point?  Wouldn't cash be the easiest solution?  Why are you turning this down & continuing to act like I'm not attempting to fulfill my end?

Adrian, it seems that the problem is how you want to make the partial refund. Sending him the difference with Paypal good answer, but apparently you want to put cash in the box with the comic book, which would not be a good idea since the book is going to Canada and customs can and often does open the boxes.

Is there a reason you can't just Paypal him the difference? Also, I asked last night, why is the Paypal payment to Polonsky pending? Is your Paypal account frozen? or is there some other issue, or am I missing something? 

Please try to remember that you are the one who sold a book you had traded, so while I really do understand you are feeling frustrated, the error was still yours...and could have been easily solved had you just Paypaled him the total amount of the lost trade to begin with, but you refused to do that.

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

Putting the tone of the message aside, has cash to make up the difference been offered, but not accepted? I'm a little confused. 

Apparently, he's only be willing to mail actual paper bills in the box with the comic book

I don't get this at all...  We all make mistakes.  Just fix it and move on.  Even if your moral compass is wonky, there's the fact that the boards are filled with numerous great sellers to fill the void of bad sellers and you're running the risk of being blacklisted by deep pocketed buyers who have numerous other avenues to turn to.  Fix it as fast as you can and hope to avoid public condemnation.  Common sense!  

1 minute ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Across an international border?  That's extremely unwise...  

Which is why it was turned down.

It also doesn't make much sense to me as to why Paypal seems to be an issue. 

Keep in mind that we have a 3rd party with a possible issue. 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Which is why it was turned down.

It also doesn't make much sense to me as to why Paypal seems to be an issue. 

Keep in mind that we have a 3rd party with a possible issue. 

:(

I think we need further elaboration as to why paypal payments are "Pending" as well.  

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I've sent and received Paypal payments and seen them randomly have 'Pending' status for at least a day or two. I agree it's not what anyone wants to see in this particular situation, but there can certainly be non-nefarious explanations.

Agreed, but there seem  to be other issues here not mentioned in this thread. I don't want to say anything else at this time, I'd rather let Adrian answer my question and hear his side.

38 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I think we need further elaboration as to why paypal payments are "Pending" as well.  

paypal makes a payment pending when you process from your bank account and don't have the funds available in your paypal account...it typically isn't nefarious, just restrictive as paypal won't release funds till they obtain from the bank

Adrian,

Please, no more pms, Let us talk here from now on.

Is this serious?

Your check was due to me 2/20.     2/20!!!!    2/20. 

I don't have the time to go back into the convo and find your quote, but when asked if you would have it in by then, you said something along the lines of:

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WOULDNT BRO BRO?"

You then waited until 2/19 to ask me my address, despite having it in writing, and typed for many days at that point.

I then gave you until 2/26 to have the check in, because all of this is a big waste of time, and I'd rather be doing much else.

You were then given until 3/3, to show the world how you act in the spotlight, and avoid all this. I would say you have peacocked your true colors based on your actions and words, and I'm grossed out.

It's now 3/5 and still no check, but plenty of insults, acquisitions, and time wasted thrown at me.

You also have the audacity to throw any shade at Tim. Tim who is STILL trying to work out a deal with you in 2021, a notion soon to trend downwards I suspect.

Now you want me to run around canceling echeck and playing into your game?

I won't. I do not care one bit what you prefer at this point. 

I also have no nice words for you, and the ones I do have would make me not look so classy.

Finish this, and move yourself to other platforms please. You're scaring people here.

ass1.png

ass2.png

Edited by Polonsky

17 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

Adrian,

Please, no more pms, Let us talk here from now on.

Is this serious?

Your check was due to me 2/20.     2/20!!!!    2/20. 

I don't have the time to go back into the convo and find your quote, but when asked if you would have it in by then, you said something along the lines of:

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WOULDNT BRO BRO?"

You then waited until 2/19 to ask me my address, despite having it in writing, and typed for many days at that point.

I then gave you until 2/26 to have the check in, because all of this is a big waste of time, and I'd rather be doing much else.

You were then given until 3/3, to show the world how you act in the spotlight. I would say you have peacocked your true colors based on your actions and words, and I'm grossed out.

It's now 3/5 and still no check, but plenty of insults, acquisitions, and time wasted thrown at me.

You also have the audacity to throw any shade at Tim. Tim who is STILL trying to work out a deal with you in 2021, a notion soon to trend downwards I suspect.

Now you want me to run around canceling echeck and playing into your game?

I won't. I do not care one bit what you prefer at this point. 

I also have no nice words for you, and the ones I do have would make me not look so classy.

Finish this, and move yourself to other platforms please. You're scaring people here.

ass1.png

ass2.png

I was just trying to get you your money faster...like IF the check showed up today, you could've cancelled the e-check and just deposited the paper check...obviously you'd want to wait until the paper check clears but it would be faster than waiting a week for the e-check to clear, right????

Literally just trying to give you the option to get the money faster.  The check was sent last week, sometimes they take a while, I assumed it would be there by today, so I wanted to give you the option so we could end this and not have to do another week of waiting for a pending e-check.

If you prefer to leave it as is, I'm totally fine with it, was just trying to expedite the process since it came thru as "pending".

Edited by Top City Comics

52 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

It sent as an e-check because they money wasn't in my paypal account, it was in my bank account....I alerted Lee to this before sending & let him know that this would be the case, which he did not mention to the group...instead making a point to say it's "pending" and leaving it for other people to pick apart like it wasn't known ahead of time.

He knew 100% that if we went the paypal route it would be pending, and the check was sent last week, so I assumed it would be there by today, so I thought he would have the option to cash the paper check and cancel the e-check if he wanted the money faster...obviously he should wait until the paper check clears before cancelling the e-check.

I'm legitimately just trying to figure out how to get him his money as fast as possible to get him whole...that's it.

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I do this all the time and have had board members send me five figure checks so I wouldn't get hit with paypal fees.  This is such a good place.   Where genorosity and trust still thrives.   It's so repugnant when things go off the rails like this.  It's also sad.   

+1

I use checks also. I have dealers I buy from with checks, and boardies who take checks too. I have people who ship books before I even pay them. LOL. I don't ask them to do it, but its a trust system I guess. They get paid promptly and that's it. End of story. Getting people riled up on here about money would be the last think I'd want to do.

Especially incurring the wrath of that Porcupine.  :fear:

3 hours ago, Gman65NJ said:
3 hours ago, wombat said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is not how this works. Once a person meets the requirements of completing the transaction they are not eligible to be on the probation list. 

Thanks. Understanding that, imho it should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did then. The goal posts kept moving. 

Regardless of the outcome, the damage has been done. There are people here who will never deal with him. Plus, this thread will remain to enlighten the unenlightened.

Regarding the timing of "echecks" and paper checks, they're all beholden to the same lag.  If I go deposit a check at the branch, the full amount doesn't immediately show up in my account.  Chase gives me access to $100 and then it takes about 3 business days for the funds to settle.  I don't think anything is expedited one method or another.