• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

I see that Lee is very selective with the screenshots of our PM conversations he posts...as I also told him on Wednesday after the check hadn't shown up yet that I could get him the money INSTANTLY THAT DAY via Venmo or Zelle when I let him know that it would probably come as an e-check if I sent it via paypal.

He stated that he did not use either of those, but Zelle is literally just a bank to bank transfer, and ANYONE can link their bank to it in minutes without giving me any of their info, so this could've been done in days ago if he wanted the cash fast and not had to wait on a paper check or an e-check.  I let him know I had cash, money in venmo, and money in my bank account that I could transfer him, and that it would potentially be pending if we went the paypal route.

I offered multiple ways of transferring the money into his hands instantly & he declined....instead choosing to take an e-check...but then right after I send payment he decides to just post here to the group that the "payment is pending", omitting the fact that he knew it would come thru as pending if sent via paypal (which he chose) and that he had other options to not wait for a pending payment...a bit of added context would've helped to dispel Sharon & multiple other people's questions of why it was pending, & apparent assumptions that Lee had no idea ahead of time...

And yes, I will stop messaging him direct, as he seems to pick & choose what he shares with the group & what he omits.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Regarding the timing of "echecks" and paper checks, they're all beholden to the same lag.  If I go deposit a check at the branch, the full amount doesn't immediately show up in my account.  Chase gives me access to $100 and then it takes about 3 business days for the funds to settle.  I don't think anything is expedited one method or another.

From what I understand, paper checks clear after one or 2 business days, and e-checks take like a week or longer (from my experience of waiting on them from the other end).

I was literally just giving him the option to get it faster since he has 2 refund options to take.  The ball is in his court on that decision, I just wanted to offer the idea.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:41 AM, ChasingKingKirby said:

I do this all the time and have had board members send me five figure checks so I wouldn't get hit with paypal fees.  This is such a good place.   Where genorosity and trust still thrives.   It's so repugnant when things go off the rails like this.  It's also sad.   

That may be true, but it because of instances like this that I will not write checks for books unless it is money that I am prepared to just toss in a fire.  This is not a reflection on you, as your reputation is stellar.   I know I have had to pass on buying opportunities as the seller would only accept a check or money order if the book is $1000 a more.  The trade-off is that I have more security in the event that something goes wrong.   There was a book I wanted a couple of months ago, but I am not confident in doing business in a manner where my interests are not protected.  

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Apparently, he's only be willing to mail actual paper bills in the box with the comic book

lol 

All I can think of is when I told @jaybuck43 what I overheard as I was picking up an order from Panera a week or two ago.  For everyone else, there was a guy, in the parking lot loudly explaining into his cell phone, "The Feds froze all of my money!"  

There are a number of reasons though that a PayPal payment or transfer is delayed. 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That may be true, but it because of instances like this that I will not write checks for books unless it is money that I am prepared to just toss in a fire.  This is not a reflection on you, as your reputation is stellar.   I know I have had to pass on buying opportunities as the seller would only accept a check or money order if the book is $1000 a more.  The trade is off is that I have more security in the event that something goes wrong.   There was a book I wanted a couple of months ago, but I am not confident in doing business in a manner where my interests are not protected.  

I totally understand your feelings on this.  (thumbsu   I've known some of you for a decade or more now, so I don't give it a second thought for those I know well.  To be fair, I don't regularly cut checks in the four and five figures.  lol

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

:facepalm:

+1

This thread somehow keeps getting better as we slowly move along.

It would scare me at this point to cash a regular check from TCC as I would feel with a lot of certainty that it would bounce.

2 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Unforutnately, I've had a check in the mail that I sent for over a month at this point.  It was to Canada, but still.  

That makes sense to me though.  I've sent greetings cards to Canada and I always assume it'll take a month to get there.  (Average length has been 4 weeks, longest it's taken is 6 weeks).  I've never sent domestic mail and not have it delivered in 2-3 days.

59 minutes ago, Muno42 said:

With the holidays over, there is no reason for a check in the mail to take more than two days.

22 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Unforutnately, I've had a check in the mail that I sent for over a month at this point.  It was to Canada, but still.  

18 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

That makes sense to me though.  I've sent greetings cards to Canada and I always assume it'll take a month to get there.  (Average length has been 4 weeks, longest it's taken is 6 weeks).  I've never sent domestic mail and not have it delivered in 2-3 days.

I have 3 different items coming that have been in the mail 2 months + . From what I have seen and discussed with several postal employees several distribution hins were down from weather and some are just still swamped.  The biggest issue is first class. The longest wait currently came from Texas where a package was sent from there to me in Florida.  It still hasn't left Texas. This has just about hit 3 months.  

51 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I shipped a parcel to Denver from my city in Canada on Feb 9 and it is just arriving at the plant in Colorado today...What happened is that there was a Covid outbreak at our international plant in Ontario so everything was rerouted to Montreal to go to New York instead of the regular Mississauga to Chicago. This overloaded Montreal and everything slowed to a crawl. But, Mississauga is back in action so everything is getting back to normal. I hope.