• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There are some people on this forum that are probably disappointed that I did not use both. :banana: 

I nominate this post. ^^ 

(note I am not one of said people)

That is just :roflmao:

I've just received an offer from TCC on ebay. It was unsolicited, I had not made any enquiries. There was also reference to a perhaps better offer being made outside of ebay.

Earlier in this thread I've stated that all these shenanigans are going to cost Adrian money and future business.

Adrian has several books I have on my radar, a couple at least I've been chasing for years.

In all good conscience I have zero, nay absolute zero confidence in making a purchase from him, which is annoying.

Let's suppose I took a chance and bought one, how much sympathy for me would there be if the deal went t*ts up, after knowlingly reading and participating in this thread?

There would be none, and rightly so.

I know Adrian isn't a scammer, but I can't deal with someone who is so unreliable and does not know how to conduct professional business. 

We are talking over $3000. I can't afford to wave bye-bye or wait weeks and weeks negotiating a poop storm, and end up with a nasty taste.

2c

10 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

I've just received an offer from TCC on ebay. It was unsolicited, I had not made any enquiries. There was also reference to a perhaps better offer being made outside of ebay.

Earlier in this thread I've stated that all these shenanigans are going to cost Adrian money and future business.

Adrian has several books I have on my radar, a couple at least I've been chasing for years.

In all good conscience I have zero, nay absolute zero confidence in making a purchase from him, which is annoying.

Let's suppose I took a chance and bought one, how much sympathy for me would there be if the deal went t*ts up, after knowlingly reading and participating in this thread?

I know Adrian isn't a scammer, but I can't deal with someone who is so unreliable and does not know how to conduct professional business. 

We are talking over $3000. I can't afford to wave bye-bye or wait weeks and weeks negotiating a poop storm, and end up with a nasty taste.

2c

You don't have to continue on this point, everyone already read previously that you wouldn't ever buy from me...what's the point of saying it again...and again...and again?  I get it...my name has been sullied forever and some people will not buy from me again...I'm on the probation list...neat!  Apparently you want to make sure that NO ONE ever buys from me again...which is just a bit much.  I have thousands of satisfied customers every year.  I made a couple mistakes & let my ego get the best of me for a while, but you seriously don't need to keep piling on at this point.  Lee's refund has been sent, Tim's replacement books are going out tomorrow, I have admitted I handled things wrong...what do you have to gain by re-iterating this point over & over?  Just nothing better to do on a Sunday evening?  Not enough rude comments about me today?  Just venting about your annoyance?  What?

Just now, Top City Comics said:

You don't have to continue on this point, everyone already read previously that you wouldn't ever buy from me...what's the point of saying it again...and again...and again?  I get it...my name has been sullied forever and some people will not buy from me again...I'm on the probation list...neat!  Apparently you want to make sure that NO ONE ever buys from me again...which is just a bit much.  I have thousands of satisfied customers every year.  I made a couple mistakes & let my ego get the best of me for a while, but you seriously don't need to keep piling on at this point.  Lee's refund has been sent, Tim's replacement books are going out tomorrow, I have admitted I handled things wrong...what do you have to gain by re-iterating this point over & over?  Just nothing better to do on a Sunday evening?  Not enough rude comments about me today?  Just venting about your annoyance?  What?

I don't think I was rude, I'm just making the point that is an unfortunate situation, which could have been avoided completely with minimal effort.

And as I understand it, the situation still hasn't been resolved, so I believe my comments were relevant. 

You've pushed the envelope so far that the phrase 'seeing is believing' comes into play.

3 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

I don't think I was rude, I'm just making the point that is an unfortunate situation, which could have been avoided completely with minimal effort.

And as I understand it, the situation still hasn't been resolved, so I believe my comments were relevant. 

You've pushed the envelope so far that the phrase 'seeing is believing' comes into play.

Fair enough.

lt seems like you're doing a bit more than just "making that point"...but I guess I deserve whatever I get here at this point.  I brought it on myself.

Blacklist away!

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

Still pending or do you safely have the money in your account?

It's not going to come thru over the weekend obviously...banks only operate M-F for these things.

From my experience e-checks take anywhere from 5-8 days to clear, tho if he doesn't have the paper check by now, it should hopefully be arriving tomorrow, as it was mailed over a week ago.

2 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Fair enough.

lt seems like you're doing a bit more than just "making that point"...but I guess I deserve whatever I get here at this point.  I brought it on myself.

Blacklist away!

Actually Adrian I would do business with you, but I would need the book shipped first, and you would be paid in full on receipt.

I'm not being flippant. That is the only way I would do it. You would have no worries about getting paid. My word is my bond.

I daresay you would not be interested, but it's a serious offer for you to keep on the back burner should you need it.

1 minute ago, G G ® ™ said:

Actually Adrian I would do business with you, but I would need the book shipped first, and you would be paid in full on receipt.

I'm not being flippant. That is the only way I would do it. You would have no worries about getting paid. My word is my bond.

I daresay you would not be interested, but it's a serious offer for you to keep on the back burner should you need it.

If you were to buy it on eBay then you would file a claim if the item were not received or are we at the point where you think he would ship something other than the purchased item? 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If you were to buy it on eBay then you would file a claim if the item were not received or are we at the point where you think he would ship something other than the purchased item? 

Come on man...

You think I'm gonna put phone books in the box or something???

I forgot Tim's book, that's it...not on purpose...but from having way too much on my plate at the time.  I then tried to fix it in numerous ways once he alerted me.  I obviously would've "forgotten" the $2k book instead of the $700 book if that was my goal, right?  Or maybe just not sent a package at all?

I'm not a scammer, and even @G G ® ™ (who you were quoting) stated above that he knew I wasn't, so why spin it that way?

27 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

I would do that, because I trust you...and I also know I may have to make some concessions from time to time to prove myself to not actually be a practicing member of "The Dark Side" as someone so eloquently put it earlier in the convo.

1 hour ago, G G ® ™ said:

2c

Adrian has sent me unsolicited offers for books that I had listed on eBay and they wound up being some great sales where I was able to bypass Feebay. You make it sound kind of salacious that you were “unsolicited”. I wasn’t the offended party but just my 2 cents that he has always been a stand up guy with me and I hope if I ever seriously drop the ball on these boards that I’ll be granted some clemency somewhere down the road.