• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

It happens every time.  I used my debit card through PP and it’s an instant payment.  I do that because it’s quick and I want my stuff shipped.  Yeah, it costs a little fee, I don’t care. 

This is what I see on the PayPal page.  I'm pretty sure it's instant because I've received texts immediately from friends who have sent me money.  Still not sure what prompts a "pending" status though as I've never seen that.

image.thumb.png.ebb2af33770274f1778b063aff473aa8.png

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

This is what I see on the PayPal page.  I'm pretty sure it's instant because I've received texts immediately from friends who have sent me money.  Still not sure what prompts a "pending" status though as I've never seen that.

I believe an E-check does.

6 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I am told it is an echeck. I don’t know the logistics of those.

3 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I believe an E-check does.

3 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I am told it is an echeck. I don’t know the logistics of those.

Now I'm confused.  Is an e-check different from a P2P transfer?  It's the first time i've heard e-check so I thought we've been talking about app transfers this whole time.  My mistake.  :makepoint:

The eCheck clearing process varies slightly between providers, so eCheck processing time varies. Generally, funds are verified within 24 to 48 hours of the transaction being initiated. If the payer has the funds available in their checking account, the transaction is typically cleared within three to five business days and the funds are moved to the payee’s account.

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

So while I'm happy to use checks as a buyer to save the seller from PayPal fees and happy to receive them as seller to save said fees, right now might not be the best time to count on them being delivered in a timely fashion. 

Yep. Paid my daughter's tuition by check (only form of payment accepted) and it took almost 2 weeks to travel 25 miles. When the director finally got the check, she noticed it had been re-directed from a post office over 4 hours away! :facepalm:

I don't understand why my wife didn't drop it off in person, but that's another story. lol 

But this thread gives checks a bad name. 

Pity. I've accepted big checks here with no problems. I've also written big checks here with no problems. It's not about payment method. It's about the walking brainstems that conjure up these sort of convoluted dealings. This kind of stuff never ceases to blow my wig. How can something so easy turn out like this? Man buys a book. Man sends payment. Book is packaged properly and sent promptly. The end. Now, something could happen thanks to a mistake made on the part of a third-person mail carrier or delivery service, but all of this haggling and rule-bending and flat out lying and deception...it's just crazy to me. 

I'm glad I buy and sell as a hobby. With volume, I'm sure I'd have to deal with this kind of insanity all the time. 

Edited by newshane

5 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

That makes sense to me though.  I've sent greetings cards to Canada and I always assume it'll take a month to get there.  (Average length has been 4 weeks, longest it's taken is 6 weeks).  I've never sent domestic mail and not have it delivered in 2-3 days.

All our postal workers are hopped up on maple syrup.  They move faster but stick to everything.  It's ugly

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

All our postal workers are hopped up on maple syrup.  They move faster but stick to everything.  It's ugly

:roflmao:

I thought it was the caramel coffee from Tims lol Or is that just in your stomping grounds?

Apparently to be able to do instant transfers with bank funds you have to have a U.S. bank account linked to your paypal. So from Canada I assume you have to do an E-Check if you are drawing funds from your bank account rather than paying with a paypal balance. 

Is that right, my America's Hat wearing friends?

Paypal  :makepoint:

I mail books to CGC (cause unless it's something stupid expensive I'm too lazy to drive up there and drop it off). I live about 15-20 miles south of Sarasota in a place called Venice.

My package gets picked up in Venice, goes to the Sarasota distribution center, to the Tampa (Ybor city, technically) distribution center, back to the Sarasota distribution center, to a Sarasota Post Office, to delivered to the CGC offices. It's a fun process to watch, especially if I send priority and it all happens within a day. :)

3 hours ago, newshane said:

Yep. Paid my daughter's tuition by check (only form of payment accepted) and it took almost 2 weeks to travel 25 miles. When the director finally got the check, she noticed it had been re-directed from a post office over 4 hours away! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Apparently to be able to do instant transfers with bank funds you have to have a U.S. bank account linked to your paypal. So from Canada I assume you have to do an E-Check if you are drawing funds from your bank account rather than paying with a paypal balance. 

Is that right, my America's Hat wearing friends?

Paypal  :makepoint:

I know that Polonsky does not live in Canada, unless Top City moved there, only Buscema's Avengers is in Canada and he's not the one sending the PP payment.

Just now, skypinkblu said:

I know that Polonsky does not live in Canada, unless Top City moved there, only Buscema's Avengers is in Canada and he's not the one sending the PP payment.

ah. I had it backward then. 

So someone who does alot of business buying and selling comics isn't able to make an instant transfer via paypal and has to send an e-check instead that will surely take days and maybe weeks to clear. In order to send an e-check you have to have a paypal account with no funds and no debit or credit card attached.

Interesting.

3 hours ago, newshane said:

I don't understand why my wife didn't drop it off in person, but that's another story. lol 

But this thread gives checks a bad name. 

Pity. I've accepted big checks here with no problems. I've also written big checks here with no problems. It's not about payment method. It's about the walking brainstems that conjure up these sort of convoluted dealings. This kind of stuff never ceases to blow my wig. How can something so easy turn out like this? Man buys a book. Man sends payment. Book is packaged properly and sent promptly. The end. Now, something could happen thanks to a mistake made on the part of a third-person mail carrier or delivery service, but all of this haggling and rule-bending and flat out lying and deception...it's just crazy to me. 

I'm glad I buy and sell as a hobby. With volume, I'm sure I'd have to deal with this kind of insanity all the time. 

I quoted this post, because I enjoyed it so much. Walking brainstems, wig blowing...I'm borrowing these for future reference.

Classic.  :applause:

3 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Sad no roll up the rim this year :p

Eff that place.I gave up on them years ago but I know Dave loves his caramel something or other lol 

I also find for whatever reason less cups make it to the rubbish can when it's roll up time.I didn't win?Wah,toss.

6 hours ago, newshane said:

. It's about the walking brainstems that conjure up these sort of convoluted dealings. This kind of stuff never ceases to blow my wig. How can something so easy turn out like this? 

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Both of these right here..:roflmao:

11 hours ago, G G ® ™ said:

I quoted this post, because I enjoyed it so much. Walking brainstems, wig blowing...I'm borrowing these for future reference.

Classic.  :applause:

I'm trying so hard for a custom board title! 

I've done my best. 

@Architechtor @admin can you help a brother out? lol :foryou: