• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

Just now, CCComics said:

Just my 2cents , the last 2 times I sent money to someone in Canada via PayPal, it sat "pending" for well over a week if not 2. But.....I can't remember if it was from my bank account or PayPal balance. So maybe my 2cents isn't worth 1 cent.

Ohhhhh,well

This is US to US. 

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Personally, if you're able to find a person or business based on their eBay store front and reach out to them outside of eBay, I believe that should be okay.

I would agree. Since he said he had items listed on eBay and had been contacted and made a deal off eBay, I assumed that it was for the listed items, which is a violation.

Once again, not my business, just thought "Hey, he's a standup guy, he was willing to break the terms on eBay" was an odd bit of support.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:46 AM, Buzzetta said:

I had fun the first time I ever drove across Canada... I had a Mustang and was so excited when I saw you could go 100mph... 

Then I realized they meant kmph

267099_10150244713567963_6190912_o.jpg

I'm glad you took that photo and didnt crash lol

On 2/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, Top City Comics said:

Bro, you're a clown...and to bring this petty BS here is a complete joke and a waste of everyone's time and energy.

I apologize in advance if this post is not 100% factual as I am just learning about this incident now

I have sold multiple CGC graded comics to Adrian, and in MY experience Adrian was very nice, professional, and ethical (Top City Comics)

I have also had many conversations with Lee (Polonsky) and found him to be very nice, professional and ethical. Both prior to this incident-not taking sides, purely stating my opinion

Adrian: It is wrong to not take care of a customer quickly. I think this scrutiny on these boards comes from that. Had you shipped them out quickly and honored the transaction even a week late, nobody would be saying anything. I really say this from the warmest of regards. I get what you are saying about Polonsky asking for a lot of prices and being picky. He is picky. It's your right to deal with who you want. But at the same time it's not fair to justify a delay because a customer is more difficult or pickier than average whether it's legitimate no marvel chipping guys or non legitimate partial refund extortionists. You can't hold someone else's money with no intent to fill the transaction. That's stealing-literally borrowing without asking. To recap, give faster service and if a deal is not happening give them back their money IMMEDIATELY. The customer doesn't have to be right it's the user experience. Take it from me. I changed my user experience on DylanAuctions BIG TIME. I used to have 1 or 2% complain about grading when I used CGC standards and yes to the haters occasionally stuff got missed Giggle 3 etc. I grade so tight now, that basically nobody complains. Had 4 returns in the last 6 months which is nothing-considering my volume. 3 guys changed their mind, and 1 the guy didnt think it could be a poor or fair, but I said ok no problem and he got his money back very quickly AND shipping.

Polonsky: work on making your handwriting more neat. I know had to lol-if he's right, that only made things more complicated and I know you HATE complications so it's YOUR prerogative to make it as easy as possible on your end. Maybe-he's totally wrong about it-I'd love to see a picture of this check . 

48 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I apologize in advance if this post is not 100% factual as I am just learning about this incident now

I have sold multiple CGC graded comics to Adrian, and in MY experience Adrian was very nice, professional, and ethical (Top City Comics)

I have also had many conversations with Lee (Polonsky) and found him to be very nice, professional and ethical. Both prior to this incident-not taking sides, purely stating my opinion

Adrian: It is wrong to not take care of a customer quickly. I think this scrutiny on these boards comes from that. Had you shipped them out quickly and honored the transaction even a week late, nobody would be saying anything. I really say this from the warmest of regards. I get what you are saying about Polonsky asking for a lot of prices and being picky. He is picky. It's your right to deal with who you want. But at the same time it's not fair to justify a delay because a customer is more difficult or pickier than average whether it's legitimate no marvel chipping guys or non legitimate partial refund extortionists. You can't hold someone else's money with no intent to fill the transaction. That's stealing-literally borrowing without asking. To recap, give faster service and if a deal is not happening give them back their money IMMEDIATELY. The customer doesn't have to be right it's the user experience. Take it from me. I changed my user experience on DylanAuctions BIG TIME. I used to have 1 or 2% complain about grading when I used CGC standards and yes to the haters occasionally stuff got missed Giggle 3 etc. I grade so tight now, that basically nobody complains. Had 4 returns in the last 6 months which is nothing-considering my volume. 3 guys changed their mind, and 1 the guy didnt think it could be a poor or fair, but I said ok no problem and he got his money back very quickly AND shipping.

Polonsky: work on making your handwriting more neat. I know had to lol-if he's right, that only made things more complicated and I know you HATE complications so it's YOUR prerogative to make it as easy as possible on your end. Maybe-he's totally wrong about it-I'd love to see a picture of this check . 

Thanks for the kind words Dylan! Been some time...

I would like to point out that this poor handwriting of mine was never successful added as evidence and therefore I would like for it to be dismissed.

1 hour ago, dylanthekid said:

This is like Al Capone telling Elliot Ness to 'try harder'....  :eyeroll: