• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Then you were shown the following huge scans of the book (your scans) and asked about it again (another chance to admit a mistake was made):

Scan 1

Scan 2

Yikes! I'm rather uneasy trying to grade anything over an 8.0 as I look to buy in the mid-to-lower grades, and even I can see this isn't anywhere near an 8.0. Actually looks like something I might buy... nah, that mold/foxing/whatever on the spine is too much for me.

Also, sorry about contributing to the side bar on this thread, but I ran out of popcorn.

3 minutes ago, ttfitz said:

Yikes! I'm rather uneasy trying to grade anything over an 8.0 as I look to buy in the mid-to-lower grades, and even I can see this isn't anywhere near an 8.0. Actually looks like something I might buy... nah, that mold/foxing/whatever on the spine is too much for me.

Also, sorry about contributing to the side bar on this thread, but I ran out of popcorn.

I love it when people talk about my Giggle 3. We should start a thread about it-that book was nothing until I came around. Maybe one day more people will have heard about it then Hulk 181 and it will be a KEY issue! This is great thx guys! :)

14 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I love it when people talk about my Giggle 3. We should start a thread about it-that book was nothing until I came around. Maybe one day more people will have heard about it then Hulk 181 and it will be a KEY issue! This is great thx guys! :)

Hey, people wouldn't have talked about the Hindenburg so much if it hadn't blown up in such a spectacular fashion.

2 minutes ago, ttfitz said:

Hey, people wouldn't have talked about the Hindenburg so much if it hadn't blown up in such a spectacular fashion.

Carl Burgos the guy who worked on Marvel Comics #1 was SUPPOSED to go on it. Thankfully he did not