• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards.

Grader notes and label notes are two different things.

9.8s typically don't get grader notes. If you're wondering why your book isn't a 9.9 or a 10.0, here is a helpful thread on the topic. :)

Regarding the label note, I think they messed up. It should say 3rd printing. (There are 2 copies on MCS that do.) You could call them ask to reslab, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Always? I have a Superman #75 2nd Printing that isn't noted.

I guess not always. I’ve also seen it omitted for example on graded copies of Transformers #1 where the only distinguishing feature is the different back covers and copies of the Crow #1 where the publishing date differs from one printing to the next. TMNT #1 has the notation though if I remember correctly.

I also think that the OP is using "grader notes" in place of label notes.  That label is NAKED.  There is no typical info like Writer, Artist, Cover Artist, issue significance (if any).  Not much info on there at all.  I am not into moderns much, but aren't the "credits" usually denoted on every CGC book?

11 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

I also think that the OP is using "grader notes" in place of label notes.  That label is NAKED.  There is no typical info like Writer, Artist, Cover Artist, issue significance (if any).  Not much info on there at all.  I am not into moderns much, but aren't the "credits" usually denoted on every CGC book?

I think you're right. I was kinda lookin' at the right side of the label, knowing that there isn't always info there.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Angel of Death said:

I think you're right. I was kinda lookin' at the right side of the label, knowing that there isn't always info there.

yeah im guessing it should be.. along with a 3rd printing.. every 2nd printing i have says 2nd printing on it as well.. 

On 2/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, Lightning55 said:

Unless it's a reprint...

On 2/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Codsmacak said:

i purchased a venom 25..9.8..  there are no grading notes or anything on it. anot even the printing. its the 3rd printing cover.. how can i get this corrected adn looking right

20210214_111052.jpg

20210214_111041.jpg

20210214_111034.jpg

Write to CGC in the "ask CGC" portion of this forum. They will tell you what to do and send you a postage paid pacakging slip so that they can do the correction.