• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snyder Cut of Justice League: Bump in Value for GA Superman and Batman?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just watched the trailer for the Snyder Cut of Justice League and I must say, I’m pretty excited. In my lifetime, I’ve never seen movie of this magnitude remade with this much effort and additional footage added. Maybe I’m missing something?

What do you feel this may mean for the FMV of GA books featuring these characters? Key DC books have soared in spite of sometimes lackluster/negative film reviews.

What happens if something truly great is released?

Edited by Wayne-Tec

4 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

I just watched the trailer for the Snyder Cut of Justice League and I must say, I’m pretty excited. In my lifetime, I’ve never seen movie of this magnitude remade with this much effort and additional footage added. Maybe I’m missing something?

What do you feel this may mean for the FMV of GA books featuring these characters? Key DC books have soared in spite of sometimes lackluster/negative film reviews.

It depends how good the new R rated cut is....there will be a positive impact I think

5 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

The first Wonder Woman made her prices soar, and the sequel made them plummet. 

44 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I suspect this may do more for the Fourth World series than Golden Age books.

+1 to this

I think we can all agree good superhero movies are good for the comic book collecting hobby. But I don't see a special spike in GA Superman and Batman because of a successful JLA film franchise. Those books will continue to steadily and naturally climb in value if the hobby remains healthy. I could see renewed interest in certain keys like Brave and the Bold 28 if the JLA film is a huge hit like the Avengers films.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:08 PM, 10centcomics said:

+1 to this

I think we can all agree good superhero movies are good for the comic book collecting hobby. But I don't see a special spike in GA Superman and Batman because of a successful JLA film franchise. Those books will continue to steadily and naturally climb in value if the hobby remains healthy. I could see renewed interest in certain keys like Brave and the Bold 28 if the JLA film is a huge hit like the Avengers films.

I can speak for myself as a Superman and Batman fan, this has me more interested in GA comic books than I’ve ever been before.

This is more epic than the most hyped Avengers film was for the MCU.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, 10centcomics said:

I think we can all agree good superhero movies are good for the comic book collecting hobby.

Not sure why, but this seems to affect the Marvel side of the comic books much more so than the DC side.  In particular, it also seems to affect the more recent and much more readily available BA and CA books, as opposed to the older and more HTF GA books.  :frown:

Witness all of the craze over Spidey 300 because of the Venom movie or all of the talk about Hobgoblin that seems to be starting up, along with ongoing talk and hype about who's going to appear in Wandavision or whatever it's called. :blahblah:  :blahblah:

And yet, have we noticed any kind of similar increase in Black Lightning books or is there even any talk or buzz at all about the GA Sandman Adventure run with the upcoming new Sandman TV series that's scheduled to run on Netflix in the near future?  Yes, even though it's based upon Neil Gaiman's version of the Sandman comic book series from the mid-80's, you would still expect to see some kind of collateral benefit, but doesn't seem to much to this point in time yet.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

Yeah I think the MCU is just on another level in terms of popularity and fandom. Is it safe to say that Groot is now more popular than most of DC's superheroes outside of Batman and Superman?:bigsmile:

And to your point I think availability does play into it. The DC keys tend to be Golden Age books which are ultra-rare, ultra-expensive, or both. The Marvel keys are obviously in the Silver Age and inherently more accessible for collectors.

As to why WandaVision vs. DC TV shows... again I think it's tied back to how Disney has executed the MCU. Because it's one universe, even small appearances in one corner of the MCU are amplified and drive up more hype. DCEU is still trying to finds its legs and while there are some good DC TV shows in the Arrowverse, not being tied to DCEU does hurt it. 

I will keep this completely spoiler free as everyone should have the opportunity to experience this film for themselves.

It may be the greatest comic book film of all-time, above and beyond anything we’ve seen from Marvel and frankly, I’m almost speechless as I’m still in the process of absorbing it all and watching it for a second time.

With over 25,000 audience ratings in, the film stands at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it’s so much more.

As a golden age comic book collector with a focus on first appearances and historically significant books—I’ve never been this excited about the key books our hobby has to offer.

We are so spoiled to have this film.

13 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I will keep this completely spoiler free as everyone should have the opportunity to experience this film for themselves.

It may be the greatest comic book film of all-time, above and beyond anything we’ve seen from Marvel and frankly, I’m almost speechless as I’m still in the process of absorbing it all and watching it for a second time.

With over 25,000 audience ratings in, the film stands at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it’s so much more.

As a golden age comic book collector with a focus on first appearances and historically significant books—I’ve never been this excited about the key books our hobby has to offer.

wow, can't wait to watch it.

15 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I agree...DC get some Marvel spirit....best comic book movie ever...of course I like the Dark Night also.....

14 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I agree...DC get some Marvel spirit....best comic book movie ever...of course I like the Dark Night also.....

It makes for an interesting conversation.

“Joker” was the best pure film, “The Dark Knight” had the best singular antagonist, but Justice League was the greatest universe builder. To see it done with a dark tone, attention to detail, fleshed out backstories and the overall greatness of what the DC Universe could be on film—this is it.

It makes the GA books even more desirable and even more fun to collect. We’re seeing the original GA roots realized on film in a stunning, well-crafted, interconnected way.

Us GA collectors are experiencing a cinematic “Golden Age.”