• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snyder Cut of Justice League: Bump in Value for GA Superman and Batman?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed the film; though it's inherent darkness seemed at times a bit over done. There was barely a light moment in all four hours of the film. But despite that; bringing to life so much of the DC universe with such amazing cinematic aplomb made me over look that. We watched it over two nights which I think made it even more enjoyable and I think I will go back and watch again once I finish processing all that is there. And there is much there to process!

3 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Just watched Snyder's cut.  Wow, that was 100x better than the one that was released in theaters.  I can't imagine what Josh Whedon was thinking when he cut out all the best scenes and added in inane ones.  I guess he wanted to make it feel like a Marvel movie.

Now even I am starting to get interested in watching this version of the Justice League movie.  :applause:

Makes it sound a though the powers that be at Warners made a real big boo and an totally unnecessary fatal mistake when they took Snyder off the movie and installed Whedon instead.  doh!  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

VASTLY superior to the Whedon version. I've now watched it twice for good measure. That's right gents, 8 hours out of my life I'll never get back, but was worth every second lol! Redemption for Mr. Snyder!

Where to begin. The character development was 10-fold better, or I should say there simply was character development this time around haha. The more drawn out story assisted there, and it also injected soo much more heart into the characters and gave me the ability to be invested in and relate to them. Specifically the Flash and Cyborg, but the others as well. Steppenwolf was a drastic improvement with the CGI and voice wise. The action was much better, as well as the overall story pacing. Another big improvement was the dialogue. Whedon forced a lot of comedic dialogue in the original version that was not needed. 

It pains me that had we just got Snyder's version to start, or at least something close to it we very well may have gotten at least a sequel. Because I wanted more Darkseid!!! But such is life :(.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:07 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

I will keep this completely spoiler free as everyone should have the opportunity to experience this film for themselves.

It may be the greatest comic book film of all-time, above and beyond anything we’ve seen from Marvel and frankly, I’m almost speechless as I’m still in the process of absorbing it all and watching it for a second time.

With over 25,000 audience ratings in, the film stands at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it’s so much more.

As a golden age comic book collector with a focus on first appearances and historically significant books—I’ve never been this excited about the key books our hobby has to offer.

We are so spoiled to have this film.

Excellent movie.  Loved it.  Hope there is a 3rd.  Cyborg fleshed out.  Martian is there.  The only missing piece to the puzzle is Green Lantern and we are done.  

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Excellent movie.  Loved it.  Hope there is a 3rd.  Cyborg fleshed out.  Martian is there.  The only missing piece to the puzzle is Green Lantern and we are done.  

No love for Hawkman and the Atom!  :sumo:

22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Now even I am starting to get interested in watching this version of the Justice League movie.  :applause:

Makes it sound a though the powers that be at Warners made a real big boo and an totally unnecessary fatal mistake when they took Snyder off the movie and installed Whedon instead.  doh!  :censored:

they didnt take him off the movie... his daughter died and he chose to be at home with the family instead of 20 hour days editing the film.  

56 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

No love for Hawkman and the Atom!  :sumo:

The Hawks may be just too cool to be in film.I mean-Katar and Shayera would bust arse,jumping out of that fourth wall if they weren't done right,rite?

The Arom's there,we just can't see him,he's hiding on the batwang.

I don't see the Snyder Justice League giving any DC keys a price bump.  Better movie?  Sure.  But the market is not seeing anything radically new, and general audiences were never excited over the dark and brooding DCEU that Snyder created from 2013 (MOU) to 2021 (ZSJL).  Marvel Studios is just miles ahead of WB/DC right now and, yes, that has a direct impact on the FMV of keys.  The Disney+ TV series have blown the lid sky-high on tons of Marvel SA and BA keys.   I suppose when the new Batman rolls out Batmans are going to be extremely hot, but that's limited to the Batman sub-universe, and Batmans have always been and will remain in demand.  The question is when will WB/DC get its act together and structure a true cinematic universe that is hitting it on all cylinders the Marvel Studios way?  I don't think that's happening for a long, long time.

47 minutes ago, zosocane said:

I don't see the Snyder Justice League giving any DC keys a price bump.  Better movie?  Sure.  But the market is not seeing anything radically new, and general audiences were never excited over the dark and brooding DCEU that Snyder created from 2013 (MOU) to 2021 (ZSJL).  Marvel Studios is just miles ahead of WB/DC right now and, yes, that has a direct impact on the FMV of keys.  The Disney+ TV series have blown the lid sky-high on tons of Marvel SA and BA keys.   I suppose when the new Batman rolls out Batmans are going to be extremely hot, but that's limited to the Batman sub-universe, and Batmans have always been and will remain in demand.  The question is when will WB/DC get its act together and structure a true cinematic universe that is hitting it on all cylinders the Marvel Studios way?  I don't think that's happening for a long, long time.

If anything, they seem to be tossing in the towel on that, since the standalone Batman film in the pipeline is apparently explicitly not a DCEU films. On the other hand, the Flash movie is apparently "inspired by" Flashpoint, and is going to jump us into the deep end of DC multiverse potential, perhaps in the same mold as Into the Spider-Verse did, so perhaps at the end of this, everything will be a DCEU film?

I really feel like DC doesn't know what its doing right now... More than anything else, that's what is hurting them.

42 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I really feel like DC doesn't know what its doing right now... More than anything else, that's what is hurting them.

Correct.  The comic collecting/investor/spec market sees the lack of execution at DC (no pun intended). This is why DC keys (non-Batman) are generally flat.

There's no plans for an expanded universe anymore, and I doubt there ever will be again at this point. The original box office performance for Whedon's redone Justice League put a pin in that. I'm still excited for what's to come though. A New Gods movie, stand alone films, Justice League Dark (maybe), etc... I think at this point I'm just happy to get more superhero/comic books movies apart from Marvel content. I love the variation. I do agree though the Snyder cut will have no affect on sales. 

Edited by LDarkseid1

15 hours ago, Aman619 said:

they didnt take him off the movie... his daughter died and he chose to be at home with the family instead of 20 hour days editing the film.  

They hired a director to come in and reshoot half the movie with major rewrites several months after principle photography was finished, and Snyder had completed a rough cut. I haven't seen either version, and am lukewarm on Snyder's vision for the cinematic DCU, but apparently WB had belated misgivings over the "dark and gritty" filmic style that worked for the Batman franchise, but was not getting them the same sort of response on their other films, the more popcorn action movie vibe of the MCU was generating, and tried to graft that style onto the existing project, pushing Snyder aside, who was no doubt to busy grieving over his loss to argue at the time. If the studio had had faith in Snyder's vision, he and they would have found someone to finish post with radically changing the film. Don't kid yourself, he was "taken off" the movie, even if the PR at the time indicated a more amicable agreement.  

18 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

There's no plans for an expanded universe anymore, and I doubt there ever will be again at this point. The original box office performance for Whedon's redone Justice League put a pin in that. I'm still excited for what's to come though. A New Gods movie, stand alone films, Justice League Dark (maybe), etc... I think at this point I'm just happy to get more superhero/comic books movies apart from Marvel content. I love the variation. I do agree though the Snyder cut will have no affect on sales. 

Leave the continuity bound integrated universe to Marvel, which revolutionized the concept of a shared superhero universe with evolving continuity in the 1960s, and successfully repeated it again with their cinematic universe 50 years later. DC's most imaginative series came about starting in the late 80s, when they allowed writers to ignore canon and continuity, and reinvent characters as they saw fit, culminating in the Elseworlds and Vertigo lines. WB may not be able to repeat the success of the Marvel cinematic universe, but they might be able to make more interesting movies if they don't box themselves in creatively by trying to integrate everything. 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:31 PM, rjpb said:

They hired a director to come in and reshoot half the movie with major rewrites several months after principle photography was finished, and Snyder had completed a rough cut. I haven't seen either version, and am lukewarm on Snyder's vision for the cinematic DCU, but apparently WB had belated misgivings over the "dark and gritty" filmic style that worked for the Batman franchise, but was not getting them the same sort of response on their other films, the more popcorn action movie vibe of the MCU was generating, and tried to graft that style onto the existing project, pushing Snyder aside, who was no doubt to busy grieving over his loss to argue at the time. If the studio had had faith in Snyder's vision, he and they would have found someone to finish post with radically changing the film. Don't kid yourself, he was "taken off" the movie, even if the PR at the time indicated a more amicable agreement.  

yeah, sounds like a fuller picture of what happened.  I was going by Snyders comments of late which are probably slanted from his perspective. "Id rather be with my family that del with this stuff"