• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomb of Dracula CGC 9.9 on ComicLink auction
1 1

35 posts in this topic

1.thumb.jpg.36af95efddd987bec82b2b7a353c6547.jpg

2.jpg.2fc94566beaf66c69fc99532e4501da0.jpg

On 1/15/2010 at 11:51 PM, greggy said:
tth2 said:
Wasn`t it Doug Schmell that either had it or was selling it?

It was offered on his site for around $10K but didn't sell.

It was not his book, as he posted when he was pimpin' this book that if he was still collecting TOD, he would have purchased it.

RADD3CD82021113_103032.jpg

https://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dtomb%2Bof%2Bdracula%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1457623&id=1457623&itemType=0

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Last sale = 2005?

I thought this book sold somewhat recently for close to 100k????

On 1/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, c_mkv said:

Same book is listed on the exchange asking $125k and turned down $80k. Any idea what the last 9.9 sold for at auction?

On 2/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, COMICLINK said:

Lou_fine wrote:

"No doubt it was another one of these record setting auction results that was never ever completed by the so-called bidder or possibly another one of these whereby the consignor is simply trying to manipulate the price upwards to set the book up for a future sale. "

I don't understand why people make proclamations of fact with complete confidence when it is just conjecture. The sale of the Tomb of Dracula #10 9.9 in the 2019 auction did indeed complete for $85,000 in the Summer 2019 Featured Auction. The purchaser in that auction is reselling it in the upcoming one.  

-Josh

I have a 5.5 copy of this book, it should be half that right!? :insane:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you believe in the concept of decreasing marginal utility, it should be more than half of that 9.9 number there.  lol

I just looked that up and now I have a headache! :makepoint:

14 minutes ago, s-man said:
17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you believe in the concept of decreasing marginal utility, it should be more than half of that 9.9 number there.  lol

I just looked that up and now I have a headache! :makepoint:

Well, that's why I always look for CGC 0.5 graded copies of books because the first bite is always the tastiest.  :takeit:  

Unfortuantely, for most books, they are usually the toughest to find with the CGC Census Population Report usually indicating no copies graded at that maximum tastiest level.  lol

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

When I first saw this book coming to auction, I figured it would hit 100k. I don't personally agree with the increased prices of 9.9s &10s, I find it's a real insult to the market. That being said, it is a very nice book and I hope whomever wins the Auction enjoys it

I've taken a stab, a few times, at 9.9 and 10.0 low end copper keys (say, Wolverine #1), and am always outbid by double or more.  Have always been at peace with missing out.