• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 prices going WAY up
3 3

140 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Ridiculous, but the same can be said by nearly every book nowadays. You can pick up a 9.6 for around $900 (still too much IMHO) so why someone would pay nearly $3000 more for a 9.8 is beyond me, I am glad I am not one of those " must have a 9.8" merchants. 

I lucked out and grabbed a 9.8 signed by all three Romitas here on the boards back in October I think for $1700. I'm not a stickler for 9.8s so I'm seriously considering selling if an unsigned can go for nearly $4k now

1 hour ago, Nic8612 said:

I lucked out and grabbed a 9.8 signed by all three Romitas here on the boards back in October I think for $1700. I'm not a stickler for 9.8s so I'm seriously considering selling if an unsigned can go for nearly $4k now

I would too . (thumbsu

1 minute ago, batmiesta said:

Yeah! I cannot imagine many buyers wanting to shell out $3000+ for this book, but who knows? :insane:

It's a nice book, but it would have to sit at that price for awhile until people believe it is worth that. Imagine the book, and a relatively minor supervillain, being as expensive or 50% the value of an IM 55. Spidey attracts the value of his villains too

2 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

3 Romita's?

it was just at two grand, which was a big pop for this book that had never exceeded a grand until 2020. insanity. however, hobgoblin is rumored to be the hair and makeup person for benedict cumberbatch's stand-in's brother-in-law for guardians of the infinity wandavision 3 in 2026.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It's a nice book, but it would have to sit at that price for awhile until people believe it is worth that. Imagine the book, and a relatively minor supervillain, being as expensive or 50% the value of an IM 55. Spidey attracts the value of his villains too

Hobgoblin was spidey's main adversary for about 4 years and then he got moved over to second tier. But yeah, he's not green goblin or venom in terms of pop culture.