• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 prices going WAY up
3 3

140 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, the blob said:

Hobgoblin was spidey's main adversary for about 4 years and then he got moved over to second tier. But yeah, he's not green goblin or venom in terms of pop culture.

Yup! But it doesn't seem to matter to collectors with far too much money burning a hole in their pockets. 

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Urm ! Why ? (shrug) WTF wants an artists wife to sign a book? :insane:

It would depend on the book, but there are lots of cases where an artist's spouse provided uncredited assists.  Roz Kirby comes to mind. 

No idea if that applies here.

9 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Ridiculous, but the same can be said by nearly every book nowadays. You can pick up a 9.6 for around $900 (still too much IMHO) so why someone would pay nearly $3000 more for a 9.8 is beyond me, I am glad I am not one of those " must have a 9.8" merchants. 

From your post above, you clearly do not understand the mentality of a rabid CGC label collector and probably thinking more from a comic book collector's point of view.  hm  (shrug)

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

From your post above, you clearly do not understand the mentality of a rabid CGC label collector and probably thinking more from a comic book collector's point of view.  hm  (shrug)

Correct ! I do not understand them.

I have an extremely nice raw copy of this book, as well as nice copies of other Spidey books that have exploded like 300.   I feel like I should get them graded to see if any make 9.8, so that I can sell them and get VF+ raw copies for a tiny fraction of the money.  

This is just goofy money IMO.

8 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I'm assuming this is why the price for this book is going crazy:
https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-ned-hobgoblin-green-goblin-replacement-theory/
Or maybe people just really like the free tattooz...:insane:

I was just about to post this lol. Surprised nobody knew the news or posted anything up until you just did. But yep, as is the case, another example of movie news causing a book to explode.

12 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I'm assuming this is why the price for this book is going crazy:
https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-ned-hobgoblin-green-goblin-replacement-theory/
Or maybe people just really like the free tattooz...:insane:

If that actor ends up as the Hobgoblin then this movie franchise is dead to me.  Just no.

24 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

If that actor ends up as the Hobgoblin then this movie franchise is dead to me.  Just no.

I haven't been able to watch the last couple of Spidey movies, I've tried to, but I switch off after 10/15 minutes. 

24 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I haven't been able to watch the last couple of Spidey movies, I've tried to, but I switch off after 10/15 minutes. 

Same here. I know I am in the minority on this, but I have not watched Spidey movies since the first two Rami films. They were great.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Same here. I know I am in the minority on this, but I have not watched Spidey movies since the first two Rami films. They were great.

i loved the first 3 Raimi movies.  I literally fell asleep at the 2 Webb movies.  And I strongly dislike the 2 Marvel Studios Spidey movies.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, batmiesta said:

Ridiculous, but the same can be said by nearly every book nowadays. You can pick up a 9.6 for around $900 (still too much IMHO) so why someone would pay nearly $3000 more for a 9.8 is beyond me, I am glad I am not one of those " must have a 9.8" merchants. 

And then the 9.4 can be had for half of the 9.6. Honestly, I'm almost always going to be happy with a 9.4 compared to a 9.6, especially for a book like this. The defects that distinguish the 9.8/.6/.4 aren't likely to be meaningful to me.

5 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

And then the 9.4 can be had for half of the 9.6. Honestly, I'm almost always going to be happy with a 9.4 compared to a 9.6, especially for a book like this. The defects that distinguish the 9.8/.6/.4 aren't likely to be meaningful to me.

Yup! And I would be happy not to own it at all because of the ridiculous price it demands.