• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

April HA 2021
2 2

351 posts in this topic

This is really neat to see: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jack-kirby-captain-america-193-cover-original-art-marvel-1976-/p/7242-234014.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

This is...maybe?...the last 1970s Cap cover to surface.

I think HA is going to post a scan showing it with its mat off, which confirms how weirdly this was done. To my eye (and I'm curious whether I'm right or not), Romita extended the crowd scene outside the margins, then lightboxed the final cover to fit everything in.  I'm not sure who added some pencil work around Cap's fist and (maybe) around th Falcon. But it's cool to see Jack drawing Cap with his 1960s face here. 

I'm surprised noone has mentioned this...

The display for My Tracked Lots is messed up (too narrow). 

When using My Tracked Lots | Auction Previews, also too narrow.  And then when trying to order by Opens for Internet Bidding, it goes back to My Tracked Lots | Current Auctions.

I noticed it before the weekend and just notified HA.

Edited by Will_K

1 hour ago, Will_K said:

I'm surprised noone has mentioned this...

The display for My Tracked Lots is messed up (too narrow). 

When using My Tracked Lots | Auction Previews, also too narrow.  And then when trying to order by Opens for Internet Bidding, it goes back to My Tracked Lots | Current Auctions.

I noticed it before the weekend and just notified HA.

I noticed this -thought it was just my browser. Thanks for telling them.

Same here. Thought it was my browser also.

And there are PLENTY of items I would want. Great selection.

There are at least two pieces that are must haves (worship), but I've lost on must haves before.:facepalm:

Some of the highlights from my perspective

1.  Daredevil # 1 page 2.  What a historic page.

2.  X-men pages out the wazoo.

3.  1952 Peanuts daily (trying to get my right nut cloned so I can go for this one but so far, no success)

4.  Thor 183 cover, maybe not one of the best covers but Doc Doom is in it.

5.  1939 Flash Gordon Sunday, that Dale panel :luhv:

6.  Submariner 63 cover.  This one is right up my alley.  Would look great with my other Submariner pages but someone is going to value it more than me :cry:

7.  1993 Peanuts Sunday.  I love the story on this one even though I am not a big fan of the later strips.  My wife would literally kill me if I won this but it may be worth it. hm

8.  Batman 386 complete story, 1st Black Mask

9. Tales of Suspense 85 page 5, great Captain America action panel.

10.  Amazing Spiderman 8 panel page, sure there is no real Spiderman image, but its got Flash and Liz and Peter.  The page just drips of Ditko.

11.  Zeck Spectacular Spiderman panel page

12.  Wrightson Swamp Thing panel page with lots of Swamp Thing goodness.

13.  Superman 75 splash wow, just wow

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

7.  1993 Peanuts Sunday.  I love the story on this one even though I am not a big fan of the later strips.  My wife would literally kill me if I won this but it may be worth it. hm

if she sees all the money going out on peanuts, just tell her you bought an elephant

2 hours ago, Overthetopinc said:

How much do you guys think the Lobo 1 by Simon Bisley will sell for?

The TPB cover sold for 50K and I like the issue 1 cover more (even though some of my friends think it should be less since its only a headshot). If I had the money and play in that range I would think the issue 1 cover is 1.5x to 2x the TPB

But this is just my opinion and worthless since I won't bid that high! 

Malvin 

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

Bid or with BP?

all-in.   That being said, I think it will beat 85 either way.   But I really have nothing to base that on besides gut.    And its a DC not a marvel so who knows.

Edited by Bronty

16 minutes ago, Bronty said:

all-in.   That being said, I think it will beat 85 either way.   But I really have nothing to base that on besides gut.    And its a DC not a marvel so who knows.

I’ll take “how crazy will prices go” for $500 Pat

54 minutes ago, Bronty said:

The TPB cover was $50K all in, over 85 is not unreasonable. If these were $1K overs I would pay $2k for the issue 1.. but since these are $50K covers I don't have $100K to pay for the issue 1 cover :S

Malvin