• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

April HA 2021
2 2

351 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, KingOfRulers said:

I was going to bid on that page at that rate. I thought I was going to win it at that. Pushing $20k with the juice is mind boggling. It's just a panel page, and it's not even from Cockrum's early X-Men run.

In my opinion, prices realized continue to be insane on most of the items. Prices have shot up so much in such a short amount of time. Who are the people paying that are paying these prices? Are most people going into debt over these wins?

Two years ago on HA another X-Men #154 page went for 20% that price and it was a nice all Storm action page. Crazy.

14 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Only in an auction. A number of the pages sit in dealers sites for 1/3 what they then go for in HA.

It is amazing. It kind of tells you if you see something on a dealer's site that looks 20-30% more than you want to pay.........buy it!!!:tink:

40 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Crazy prices a Devil Dinosaur Kirby panel page went for $7500.

A lot more than I expected.  I would love to own a nice page from the series but I think it is at a price point I could spend.

5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

:idea:  

Got my eye one of the two Norem paintings. Definitely the Kazan cover, Kazar with the  guns, and the bikini girl, some dude with guns, dinosaurs and other stuff. Much nicer than the SS cover that’s garbage. 

It went for around $4k more than I wanted to pay.:frustrated:

But I bought it anyway. :hi:

I'm playing the dealer's game... it makes the other ones I own worth more, right.:insane:

19 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Only in an auction. A number of the pages sit in dealers sites for 1/3 what they then go for in HA.

Similar, there are pieces in every collection that would/could blow up 50-100% over “recent” sales at auction.  Auction fever spurs higher and higher prices in an already strong market.

Edited by GreatEscape

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Nice!  I assume your talking about the SS? It went for about 8k more than I was hoping. Guess I’ll just have to be happy with this. 

Nice piece. Yes, you should be happy with that as it is really the "first" cover version.:banana:

I thought it would go for around $15k. The last one that sold on HA went for $11k+ and it was over a decade later and no where near as interesting. Any higher and I would have lost....but I didn't.:takeit:

1 minute ago, sfilosa said:

Nice piece. Yes, you should be happy with that as it is really the "first" cover version.:banana:

I thought it would go for around $15k. The last one that sold on HA went for $11k+ and it was over a decade later and no where near as interesting. Any higher and I would have lost....but I didn't.:takeit:

It’s fantastic. If you ever go bankrupt please give me a heads up. 

Just now, ThothAmon said:

It’s fantastic. If you ever go bankrupt please give me a heads up. 

I plan on retiring in 6-8 years, and a lot of my art will be sold to travel the world (assuming no pandemic). :cloud9:

Most of the artwork going for high prices are major publishers Marvel and DC and. comic art related. 

I am amazing that a Spy vs Spy two part Antonio Prohias when for $9600. Most go for around $3K and this is a slightly later one 4 years after the first one was published.

48 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Heh, the Sienkiewicz Dune cover went for 8x its pre-auction high bid. Auction fever! Gratz to somebody; this was the rare piece that my wife told me to bid more than I was planning to do.

I was curious what that was gonna end at, because even tho I think it’s great work, I wouldn’t want to look at it very often.