April HA 2021
2 2

360 posts in this topic

Just now, ThothAmon said:

It’s fantastic. If you ever go bankrupt please give me a heads up. 

I plan on retiring in 6-8 years, and a lot of my art will be sold to travel the world (assuming no pandemic). :cloud9:

Those Peanuts :cry:

The two Sunday's just crushed it and the 1952 went decent but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it pass $100k.  Guess I am glad I snagged my recent 1959 Sunday the beginning of this year.

Edited by batman_fan

Heh, the Sienkiewicz Dune cover went for 8x its pre-auction high bid. Auction fever! Gratz to somebody; this was the rare piece that my wife told me to bid more than I was planning to do.

Most of the artwork going for high prices are major publishers Marvel and DC and. comic art related. 

I am amazing that a Spy vs Spy two part Antonio Prohias when for $9600. Most go for around $3K and this is a slightly later one 4 years after the first one was published.

Is $120K the most paid for a piece of comic art from an 80's independent publisher (not counting Crumb and underground art)?

48 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Heh, the Sienkiewicz Dune cover went for 8x its pre-auction high bid. Auction fever! Gratz to somebody; this was the rare piece that my wife told me to bid more than I was planning to do.

I was curious what that was gonna end at, because even tho I think it’s great work, I wouldn’t want to look at it very often. 

3 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Lobo #2 splash went for just under $16K with the price of the cover yesterday I expected more. 

So did I.  As the owner of the issue 1 page 1 splash I was hoping for more.  Although this price is still healthy.

Ok, I'm actually supposed to be more knowledgeable about Bisley Lobo than the average collector but this "commission" confused me:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/simon-bisley-lobo-illustration-original-art-undated-/a/7242-94034.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

It's nice but I did't think it was 10K nice.  Was this actually published?

Malvin

8 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

I was curious what that was gonna end at, because even tho I think it’s great work, I wouldn’t want to look at it very often. 

The film is a teen favorite of my wife, so it would have ended up on the wall, if...

Was way out of my league on most lots I was eyeing, and came up short on a couple of Byrne FF pages. But, I did nab the Ghost Rider #20 cover by Wagner. Actually surprised I got it for less than 10k consider the current market insanity. :takeit:

2 hours ago, fsumavila said:

Was way out of my league on most lots I was eyeing, and came up short on a couple of Byrne FF pages. But, I did nab the Ghost Rider #20 cover by Wagner. Actually surprised I got it for less than 10k consider the current market insanity. :takeit:

Congrats man 🎈