April HA 2021
2 2

360 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Varanis said:

Ultimate Fallout #4 cover sold for $225k. That might be the peak piece from 1999+. Seems wild to me that a box of Pokemon cards sold for almost double. I often wonder if the WATA VG and Pokemon sales are a sign of shifting tastes or an indicator that OA still has room to grow. Or maybe a little of both.

I meant retail items, but sure.   

I'm not sure if its shifting tastes so much as the kids that grew up with the illegible 90s garbage comics - books so bad you couldn't read them... guess what, they didn't read them.

Edited by Bronty
1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I'm not sure if its shifting tastes so much as the kids that grew up with the illegible 90s garbage comics - books so bad you couldn't read them... guess what, they didn't read them.

Indeed the kids never even saw the comics, since the comics were at LCS and not the gas stations, supermarkets, drug stores, toy stores, and arcades frequented by kids. But Pokemon cards were.

2 hours ago, vodou said:

?

Oh who cares about those! We're in COMIC ART :) 

true.   I guess you saw my post in isolation without the context.   I agree... who cares about the newer books!

3 hours ago, RBerman said:

Indeed the kids never even saw the comics, since the comics were at LCS and not the gas stations, supermarkets, drug stores, toy stores, and arcades frequented by kids. But Pokemon cards were.

yeah exactly

19 minutes ago, Bronty said:

true.   I guess you saw my post in isolation without the context.   I agree... who cares about the newer books!

Ha ha...actually I saw the context that you ignored :) - related being the key word, thus inclusive of comic art.

5 minutes ago, vodou said:

Ha ha...actually I saw the context that you ignored :) - related being the key word, thus inclusive of comic art.

Yeah, but then that's not apples v apples.  

Comic related item sold at retail.   Better?

6 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Comic related item sold at retail.   Better?

Does the penciled $15 on the back of one of my early Zecks count as "retail"? :devil:

5 minutes ago, vodou said:

Does the penciled $15 on the back of one of my early Zecks count as "retail"? :devil:

humblebrag ;)

On 4/5/2021 at 11:04 PM, tth2 said:

lol

There you go Tim @vodou....   They are broken out completely now and getting their own signatures.   

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

There you go Tim @vodou....   They are broken out completely now and getting their own signatures.   

I look forward to the many hours I'll save in not having to scroll and scroll and scroll.

Now if they can just get rid of all of the Garfield auctions.

Sounds like you never figured out the session filters.   Left hand side.   Hasn’t been any reason to scroll in quite some time ;)

9 hours ago, Bronty said:

Are we still talking about stupid video games? ;) 

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Are we still talking about stupid video games? ;) 

One man's stupid...

Besides, at this point, I have to see how much mileage I can get out of twisting Tim's panties into a bunch ;)

Edited by Bronty
15 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Besides, at this point, I have to see how much mileage I can get out of twisting Tim's panties into a bunch ;)

No twisting at all.  After all, I've won! :acclaim:

14 minutes ago, tth2 said:

No twisting at all.  After all, I've won! :acclaim:

That's an interesting "twist" ;) on the facts too!

Personally I think it is a good move by HA.  There is some overlap between Comic, Comic Art, and Game collectors but probably more that don’t overlap the three.  Buy pulling it out, you don’t bog down non-game collectors. With all the game stuff.  Sure you can use the filters but they only work once and item is categorized. 

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Personally I think it is a good move by HA.  There is some overlap between Comic, Comic Art, and Game collectors but probably more that don’t overlap the three.  Buy pulling it out, you don’t bog down non-game collectors. With all the game stuff.  Sure you can use the filters but they only work once and item is categorized. 

oh for sure.   I don't know anyone that's not in favor of it on either side of the fence.   It was ok in the short term but time to move past it.

Edited by Bronty
On 4/6/2021 at 12:24 PM, Bronty said:

I meant retail items, but sure.   

What are you talking about?

👋💦

8642E02B-4AF5-4B7D-93BB-F1A66AEA01BB.jpeg