• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales To Astonish 43. The Grade is IN!!!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tbshay said:

What's with the green ink on the edge? Drunken printing press operator?  Will it detract from the grade???

Distribution ink was allegedly used to mark the different bundles of comics for specific areas according to the color of the ink used. Unfortunately, it wasn't applied with much (if any) care as to how it would ultimately affect the overall condition of the books. This is what I would call a moderate amount of ink. The good thing is it didn't stain very much of the cover and seems mostly confined to the edges of the pages. This is a nice looking copy, but yes, this amount of ink will likely impact the grade. By how much depends upon the grader, but in my mind I don't think a grade in the VF range is unreasonable...

Edited by The Lions Den

On 8/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, tbshay said:

8.5  Ink be damned!!!

That's awesome!!

On 8/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, candygramformongo said:

Wow, 8.5 is great!  Congrats and thanks for posting these updates - I always really enjoy getting to compare my answers to the "teacher's key" so to speak!  :)