• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BP @ CC. Who wins with this one ?

9 posts in this topic

who wins? absolutley no one.

cements my opinion that cc is a distant third after CL and HA in the big three of auction houses. their site is also the slowest to load and least useable. the current auction shows me mostly raw books as i am unable to filter for only cgc books, as i can do on HA. total waste of time to even bother with their site. adios cc!

8 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

who wins? absolutley no one.

cements my opinion that cc is a distant third after CL and HA in the big three of auction houses. their site is also the slowest to load and least useable. the current auction shows me mostly raw books as i am unable to filter for only cgc books, as i can do on HA. total waste of time to even bother with their site. adios cc!

I currently rank them at # 3 as well. Digging where Hakes is heading btw 

In December, there was a discussion over in the Original Art forum here (CGC boards) mentioning it is the consignor who can request a buyer's premium be added to an auction at ComicConnect. It seems the consignor can get part or all of that premium (or reduce their seller's premium amount, if any). Don't know if this was confirmed.

36 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

In December, there was a discussion over in the Original Art forum here (CGC boards) mentioning it is the consignor who can request a buyer's premium be added to an auction at ComicConnect. It seems the consignor can get part or all of that premium (or reduce their seller's premium amount, if any). Don't know if this was confirmed.

That’s interesting. They’ve had better books in years past where they never did that.  Winder if they refused to budge in the 10 percent fee in order to save a book from going somewhere else.  Seems a little desperate giving their mantra for years of no BP which differentiates them ?